phone calls

I have a potential client who wants me to answer the phone for his business. He says he typically gets 3-4 calls per day and wants a rate per call rather than hourly. What do people charge for this type of thing as I have not done this before? Thanks. Stephanie

I can't answer your rate question, but one thing to ask yourself is whether or not you want to be tied to your phone all day just for 3-4 phone calls for one client. You're really limiting your flexibility when you offer phone answering services. If that's something that doesn't bother you, and this is a service you want to offer, then feel free to completely ignore my post :)

Guest cogeoss

Well I decided I did not want to be tied to the phone all day. That's not what I want to do. Thanks for replying

3-4 calls a day would be a real waste i personally would not do phone calls.

I answer phones for 2 clients (soon to be 5) and I have them forward to a Skype number I set up for them (in their area code, so I know who its supposed to be for), and if I am not around, all calls forward to my cell.

For one client I've been doing it this way for 2 years, the 2nd one is relatively new. The older client - anyone that calls knows who I am and if I tell them I'm out & about and I'll call them back, they know I will. Or, most of the time, I can answer whatever question they might have off the top of my head anyway at this point.

The 3 that are going to be added, they'll probably be 2-3 calls day max, each. And I've already told them I will NOT be tied to a phone and this is the set up that has worked for 2 years with current clients.

As for answering, I usually just say, "Hello, this is Dana. How may I help you?" And then I can figure out who's calling from what they say.

Yes, I know Ring Central would do all of this, but honestly - their prices are RIDICULOUS compared to Skype. And I rarely have problems with Skype.

I had a question about answering the phones for a client .. when you say calls are forwarded to a skype number, that means customer's will call the number usually associated with the business owner right? The number (with the area codes to know which client's customers are calling in) that I would see is basically just the forwarding number?? Meaning no customer has to call a new number or anything? Now that I've got it in words in front of me I assume thats how it should work but this confused me. Just checking. Thanks