I have 2 sites, one was revamped, the other I created (well, I created both really) my revamped site www.virtualofficevisions.com I think is set up for the Search Engines, but the other www.bookmarketingvirtually.com I have no clue how to get SEO even started. I need some help on this one. :wacko:

Do a search in Wordpress for the All In One SEO pack and use that to input some keywords.

Hi Paulette,

will this rank me high in the search engines?

No because you have to do research and pick the right keywords. Use google's keyword tool to try to find good keywords.

Do a search in Wordpress for the All In One SEO pack and use that to input some keywords.

Hi Paulette, you've been a great help, thank you. I did a WP search for ALL In One SEO pack, quite a few come up. There was one at the top with 5 stars but how do you know really which one to choose?

Hi Jerri,

You will want the one that is currently named as All in One SEO Pack

The creator is Michael Torbert

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/all-in-one-seo-pack/

Danielle,

Thank you very much for the information. :thumbup:

This is my very first time adding the All In One SEO Plugin, I don't know what I'm doing. Can anyone help me? There are questions to be answered and I really don't know them.

:wacko:

Hi Jerri,

Danielle,

This is my very first time adding the All In One SEO Plugin, I don't know what I'm doing. Can anyone help me? There are questions to be answered and I really don't know them.

What are the questions?

Hi Jerri,

Danielle,

What are the questions?

home title, home sescription,post and page title format,custome post types for SEO column support there is more

What exactly do you mean by home title,home description post and page so that i can give you the suggestion regarding the above question about SEo column support ?

Search Engine Optimization, is something that takes years of practice, and something you have to master over time. Then even the best on page optimized websites still need votes . These are when people links are exchanged.Make sure if you chose a linking partner that they are an authority website usually, a page rank of 5 or better, use social media websites like Face Book, Digg, twitter, and Google + and add like buttons in your optimized page,The internet is changing and what worked in SEO two years ago, has changed.To learn the Basics, I am including the internship sheet I had to go over to be a volunteer at Media Cause, and I will also link to Google Adwords , both of these are designed to train basic Search Engine Optimization. I have several books on advanced SEO, like getting keyword phrases into images, but we won't confuse you right now, and to be truthful, advanced SEO still confuses me=)

So, here we go Just Click Here For Syllabus this is put together by Google, so will help immensely , in learning the basics. now, Google Adwords also; has some great information.

Great conversation going here! As Ronnie has pointed out, SEO can be quite an interesting subject with a lot to think about. With regard to the recommendation to install the "All In One SEO" plugin, I used to recommend that as well - but I no longer do. Not because it does not do its job, but because there is another one that does the same job more efficiently.

"All In One SEO" loads over 2,000 lines of code every single time a post is viewed... this can slow your site down as well as use up server resources if you're getting traffic. Now, I am using and recommending "Greg's High Performance SEO" plugin.

Because of the way WordPress has been developed, it is difficult to get SEO plugins to work really well without having many lines of code being required to load, but Greg's plugin only has 700 which is a considerable reduction and savings in resources.

As far as alanpoly's and Jerri G's questions above: The "Title" field is what you want a post to have as far as what Google and other search engines will show in the search engine results pages. This is the same for the description which is that blurb of text under the title of a webpage in the search engine results.