Sign in to follow this  
Sarah S

From Your Forum Moderator Sarah Santacroce - PLEASE READ FIRST!

Hi all,

first I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself.

santacroce_020-150x150.jpg

I'm Sarah Santacroce and I'll be your new moderator for this forum. At a recent networking event we had to say 3 things that were special about ourselves and that people would hopefully remember about us.

So here are my three things:

1. I currently live in Switzerland, the country of mountains and chocolate
  2. I also lived in California for a while, that's why a client called my style a mix of no nonsense Swiss efficiency and Californian ‘yes we can’ enthusiasm”
  3. I speak 5 languages (English, German, French, Italian & Spanish)

So that's me in a nutshell. To find out more about me, feel free to visit my website.

But enough about me, I just wanted you to know who I am and why you will be seeing my messages a lot on this thread.

Here are my plans for this Networking & Social Media Thread:

• I'd like to plan weekly tips, resources or questions
  • I'd like YOU to share your opinions, your advice and really use this as a NETWORKING forum

So now it's your turn. If they ask you at the next networking event which 3 things about you make you special (or just make people remember you), what will you say ? Just think about it or feel free to share here with all of us !

• Like 1

Hi Sarah! :)

Coming up with three things is harder than I thought; but here's mine:

1. I'm an introvert
  2. I'm a born and raised Missouri native, as have been the past several generations of my family.
  3. I'm 1/8th Native American (Wyandot & Cherokee)

So now it's your turn. If they ask you at the next networking event which 3 things about you make you special (or just make people remember you), what will you say ? Just think about it or feel free to share here with all of us !

HA! Here goes and this changes dependent upon what type of crowd I'm talking too ;)

• I like to take risks from learning to fly to traveling to odd places people wouldn't normally travel too like the Batcaves of Boracay.
  • My home office is in Canada and I really don't live in an igloo. I live right on the ocean (even have a palm tree) working quite a bit from a desk on my deck in a tropical oasis watching the seagulls fly above hoping they don't land "one" on my laptop ;)
  • I'm a shoe slut and love buying shoes!

So thrilled you'll be moderating our Social Media and Networking forum Sarah. You have a natural gift in this area and honoured you have come on board to share your knowledge with our network members :)

Sarah

Okay -here goes

1. Born in West Virginia, learned to cook on a wood cookstove (not married to any of my relatives -sorry old joke).

2. Taught myself guitar in the mid-1980s, later played guitar & led music for church service and played in a church band.

3. Still an introvert (after all these years) who has learned to adapt (or developed coping skills).

Sarah, I am so glad that there are people like you who love social media and are willing to share what they know.

Thanks Linda ! Will remember the "relatives" joke about you :-)

Funny how many introverts are doing great on the internet. I'm one of those too. I actually just signed up for a program called "Visibility for Introverts" with Denise Wakeman http://denisewakeman.com/visibility-for-introverts/

It starts in 2 weeks. Ask me about it in a few weeks if you're interested...

Thanks Traci (I'll always remember now that you're 1/8 Native American) and Tawnya (the shoe slut will be your nick name for me LOL, easy to remember because I'm one of them too :-)

LOL Sarah and thanks again for coming on board to share your knowledge not just about social media but I know you work with Coaches a ton so look forward to your input there too :)

Well, I'm late to the party as usual but Sarah, what a great intro that was...2012, I know but time is inconsequential when I'm reading a great post. I'm loving reading how many introverts there are out there doing this job too! I am a total introvert, I can drive a double-decker bus (did do for a year, anyway) and I'm also a qualified welder!

Hoping to bring the post back alive since I'd love to learn more about my fellow VAs (or aspiring VAs like me) and what makes them tick! x

• Like 2