Hi everyone

I'm happy to be moderating this forum. I've been a full-time business owner since 1998, and a web designer since 1999. In 2009, I launched my multi-VA business Your Web Tech Team (YWTT). As the name implies, I have a Team that works for me to help me do client work. This business was a change in business model for me, from a per-hour web designer, to more of an outsourcing model with the Team.

I launched my web site in September 2009 and was at profit in 10 days and doing six figures in only 5.5 months!!

My business model for YWTT was based on monthly retainers - clients pay a monthly recurring fee for their site maintenance works. This has served me well to have a base of income I can rely on; but there was also a market for one-time services. This is where my other site QuickSourcing was born. Just like YWTT, the second business model has done extremely well and currently - both businesses are going strong, essentially offering the same services, just with different billing models.

It has been a wild ride, with a huge learning curve, developing both business entities, but I persevered and have done quite well. So I have lots of tips and information to share based on my experience.

• Like 1

Yay! Congratulations on becoming a moderator, Traci. I have been talking with Traci over the past month and she has a wealth of knowledge to bring. I am excited to see you here.