As our VA businesses grow, and we take on more clients, obviously the work load grows as well. This forum is all about those who have enough work they are either outsourcing, subcontracting and/or have multiple VA's as part of their Team - all to help in getting the work done.

I'm curious as to how you are managing the work and those whom you use to help you get that work done.

What system or method do you use to keep track of and manage the work you either outsource, subcontract and/or assign to other VA's within your business?

Do you use a project management system?

Do you use a spreadsheet?

Do you use email?

Do you have a project manager that handles all the details of each project from start to finish for you?

Can't wait to read your replies!

I now use Google Docs for my project management. For example for my webdeveloper/SEO/programmers that I outsource to I have a Google doc with all my websites in it, passwords, to-do list (with another field of who that task is assigned to) that includes due dates, time spent, etc.

I do the same for my VAs and other people I outsource to. Sometimes I have individual Google Docs for that specific subcontractor and other times I may have just one Google Docs set up for a project or a particular group of subcontractors.

I also use email to send out larger tidbits of information to that subcontractor.

I'm the overall Project Manager but may have sub Project Managers who manage specific projects.

I have an operations manager / project manager person.

Software wise, we use ManyMoon right now, but we're looking at Teamwork PM and a few others (we do NOT like Central Desktop LOL)

Other tools in our arsenal include myhours, dropbox, google docs, google drive.... etc. etc.

I've used BaseCamp 37Signals for PM before and although very convenient and helpful, most entrepreneurs whether just starting out or on a budget, cannot afford their services.

Spreadsheets are helpful if done correctly. I have some templates for 'Getting Things Done' To Do lists that have been very useful to me over the years in communicating directly with my client. The team communication was usually done via BaseCamp.

I currently use Outlook 2010 to manage tasks and projects, while integrating the email and calendar features as well to keep everyone up to par and aware of deadlines. Outlook is indeed wonderful if used correctly and can help to achieve the finish line of any project/task given.

This is a great post. Thanks for sharing Traci!

I have used quite a few different programs over the last few years. I actually just started using TeamWorkPM a couple months ago. I absolutely love it! It is a lot easier to work with for both my team members and I, and easier to manage on my end. I previously used BasecampHQ, and didn't like the way it was laid out. I also used a few others like AceProject, which was limited, as they are still working on building it to have the features that the other's do. Google Docs is always a great way to collaborate with clients on Spreadsheets that are regularly updated, but TeamWorkPM works for uploading, editing, and saving new versions with comments. So, we don't use Google Docs as much as we used to.

I would love to know what you end up deciding on! :-)

I use Basecamp for PM but I would be happy to try TeamWork PM as well. I also use Google spreadsheet and all its services. Actually I find it more convenient to save my notes/files into the Google drive cloud. For email, I prefer using webmail than any computer-based email programs as it is more reliable (I think). And to start working on any projects, I'll never miss running Time Doctor in the background as it is our way to track down the hours worked and to help us become more productive.

I was searching for solution and found it here.It feels good to be in between such knowledgeable peoples.

• Like 2