Hello fellow VAs,

Thank you for your support of The Alliance during 2004. We’re kicking off 2005 with some exciting activities.

Announcing New Alliance Sponsor and Chance to Win $10,000.

FedEx Kinko's has just released a new tool that's well-suited to the unique needs of those of us in the Virtual Business industry. Dubbed File, Print FedEx Kinko's, this simple new application is free and allows you to send a print order to a nearby FedEx Kinko's almost as easily as using your own printer. Print in color or black & white, select binding options, paper stock, and get a preview of your document before it prints. You can even ship your order via FedEx. It's a great way to save yourself at least one trip to FedEx Kinko's when you need something printed. Best of all, if you try this new application before March 31, 2005, you'll be automatically entered to win a $10,000 cash prize. To learn more and see the official contest rules, visit the File, Print FedEx Kinko's page at http://www.fedexkinkos.com/avb/.

Now you can send your print order to any U.S. FedEx Kinko’s. Not just carry it around the corner or across the street. And you or your client can pick up the job or it can be shipped via FedEx. Save time! Money! Qualify to Win Cash! Please support our new sponsor. Download the software. Use it before 3/31/05 and be automatically eligible for a $10,000 cash prize drawing.

Comprehensive Study

Have you completed strategizing for a successful ‘2005? If not, visit The Alliance website and download the VA-Industry Comprehensive Study. It contains useful information and statistics that can help you evaluate your business practices and take your business to the next level. You can order a .pdf version or hard copy at http://www.allianceforvitualbiz.com.

Industry Promotion Campaign Update

On October 18, 2004, an article announcing the Comprehensive Study was published in Realty Times. See link: http://realtytimes.com/rtapages/20041018_v...alassistant.htm

On December 8, 2004, I gave a one-hour presentation about the VA industry to the International Virtual Women’s Chamber of Commerce. I’d like to thank all those that contributed tips for the slide show. It was a very successful event with excellent feedback. The participants were literally amazed at the duties VAs can perform on their behalf. The slide show will be made available on The Alliance website soon. Look for more information about when it will be available for download in the next announcement.

We are scheduling at least one presentation per month to promote the industry to various organizations. I will post announcements about each event as they are scheduled. Please continue to support our industry-wide promotional campaign.

Call for Volunteers

First, I’d like to thank all the volunteers who worked so diligently during our first year. Your dedication and support is appreciated by me, the steering committee and your fellow VAs.

We are now recruiting for volunteers for the following committees: Magazine Committee (writers & editors), Website Committee (update site), Media Committee (help with releases & scheduling interviews). If interested, please send an email to: info@allianceforvitualbiz.com. Our next volunteer team meeting will be scheduled during the week of 2/13. If you have already submitted your name, please do so again so we may have up-to-date contact information.

If anyone is interested in being my assistant please submit your contact information also OFFLIST.

Info to have prepared for next announcement:

It’s time to update or submit your Meet VAs profiles, VA Organizations, and Education section information. We invite all VA organizations (old and new) to join the Alliance and will be contacting their leaders for submission data soon. If you are the leader of a VA industry organization, or a trainer, coach or author please look for our next post. We will request your updates and new product/services submission at that time. Please note: Submission to the VA Organizations and Education (trainer, coach or author) sections are free. The Meet VAs profile is supported by donations ranging from $10 to $25. These funds are used to support the industry promotion campaign. Information about these items will be included in the next posting.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me OFFLIST at sharon@the24hoursecretary.com. Remember please support our new industry supporter by downloading the free new tool -- File, Print, FedEx Kinko’s. Direct link to download is http://www.fedexkinkos.com/avb/. Use the software before March 31, 2005 and automatically enter the $10,000 cash prize drawing. – Oh, and when you win, don’t forget to share. thumbup.gif

• Want to Become a VA?
    Invest in The VAC!
    How Do YOU Startup A

Virtual Assistant Organization Association
    Upgrade Your FREE Account & Receive Today...
    * Access to Our Bus JOB Board *
    * Group Coaching & Training*
    *Training Tracks*
    * Private Mastermind Area *
    * Business Templates *
    * Contracts & Forms*
    * Plus VAinsider Perks! *
    UPGRADE HERE

HootSuite - Social Media Dashboard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.