Welcome to the forum! I hope you find the information here that you were looking for and I really hope you will stick around to help others find answers to their questions.

A little about me: my name is Cathy Drappier and I am a VA from British Columbia, Canada. I began my administrative career when I took the Applied Business Technology (formerly Office Assistant) course at our local community college. During this course I quickly realized that administrative work could easily be handled from a home office and I began to research working from home options. My final assignment was a PowerPoint presentation on my chosen topic of, what else?? Virtual Assistants!! Before I could follow my 'dream' of working at home, however, I needed to find employment and after working for eight years with a couple of local non-profit organizations I found myself in a situation where I could dust off that old dream! I enrolled in an EI (Employment Insurance) course for entrepreneurship and that helped me with my business plan and to get myself set up with my business. I started my business in November 2011 and have been busy working on client work as well as learning how to market my business. My instructor had the idea that I should create a newsletter for other local small businesses and in this way I would be promoting my own business as well as others around town.

I created my newsletter in Microsoft Office Word and then saved it as a PDF file for uploading to my website as well as e-mailing to my list. I knew I should be using an automated system but I really didn't have the funds to invest at that time. I eventually began using MailChimp as my list is not very large and it's free for now. I still create my newsletter in Word and save it as a PDF as this is how I uploaded to my website. I know it's probably a lot of extra work but this is the system I use for now.

I am really looking forward to being a moderator at this forum and I hope to learn much from you and help you as you develop your own lists and newsletters. Please don't hesitate to ask any question as this is the way we all learn. Enjoy your travels through this forum and I look forward to meeting all of you.

To find out more information about me: check out my website at http://www.boostvirtual.ca and don't forget to sign up for my newsletter!

Cathy