R0nniebryan

Your Best Traffic Source.

Karen: There is a free course here http://moz.com/beginners-guide-to-seoby one of the leading experts in SEO. Somehow I got the ebook can't remember how and can't find opt in anymore.

Just be aware that there is no one glove fits all to get traffic.

I tell people that there is a context to every thing they do on the web coupled with the prospect's background. I'm going to go off on a tangent and talk about facebook marketing.

For Facebook people are there to mingle and share triumphant stories of how they drank 10 cans of beer and still staggered off work the next morning. Or whine about their mate running off with their gf and share a laugh with grumpy cat. Your friends can vary so much in age, gender, sexuality, culture, religion and country. They will all react differently to a wall post. But one thing's for sure, people who go to facebook don't go there thinking "I might go on fb and see what i can buy today". It's not feasible to only befriend a demographic for marketing purposes.

Facebook pages are getting an overhaul in terms of marketing - no more free lunch. The benefit here is that, there will be less noise. If you are willing to pay money for the once free ads, you'll be heard loud and clear over those who would rather get it free. But when I go on a FB page, the context is I am there to either complain or praise the organisation who owns it lol Not to buy. Groups may be more targeted. Every group i've been involved has the intent of getting closer to the famous group owner. Brendard Burchards group is an example.

Facebook ads on the sidebar etc would therefore have more yield but an associated cost. I use PPC (i pay when somebody clicks) not CPM (where I pay per 1000 appearances on the sidebar).

Your Website: Now for your own site. The intent comes from the page that led them to your website and the consistent flow between that portal page and what's on your website. But just because somebody is searching google doesn't make them a buyer. They could be researching. The secret sauce of intent lies in the terms the language they use when searching. Html training has possibility. PLR products definitely because people are looking to buy a license. Slap the word Free in front of anything and you are beating a dead horse.

However, building authority does not necessarily mean targeting 'buyer intent'. Blogs are a great example of this. Affiliate blogs less so.

I'd advise anybody wanting targeted traffic to think like the person they are targeting.

1. Where did they come from and what were they doing there?
  2. Can you narrow any specific creed or identity from that
  3. Do they really give a flying fig ;)
  4. And if they don't, what have you just done to your reputation? Or branding
  • Like 1

Great information Mark and thanks for sharing. I read this blog post the other day with regards to social media (view by a teenager) and it really makes you think where social media marketing may be going in the future (considering teenagers will be adults one day)

https://medium.com/backchannel/a-teenagers-view-on-social-media-1df945c09ac6

Wow Tawnya, that is a really interesting read. I honestly haven't been in touch with teenagers since I quit teaching many years ago so this is very eye opening. Although back in that day, it was hi5, I didn't realise teens were moving away from facebook. How naive of me :P

PS. YouTube is full of trolls (add that to the list ;) )

Youtube is pretty good if you can get the videos created and uploaded. I have a few on there and am working on making more. But I have a friend who spends most of her energy with that and has hundreds of videos(mostly training her team members in her network marketing program) and over the last 2 or 3 years has gone from like 10 people a day to 5000 a day to her site. She has also seen her income increase by 10x.

I have been blogging for years(7 I think?) but only over the last year or so have I gone back and done some changes by adding better keywords and internal linking. If I stay consistent and blog at least once a week, I see the difference in visitor numbers.

But it is definitely a LOT harder now to rank and get visitors without spending money since so many new people are starting up online. I will keep testing and tweaking as we all must do I suppose.

• Like 1

Organic search is a better way for getting traffic. I always prefer it rather than doing paid marketing. I find Google Maps as a quite reliable source for getting traffic if a site is based on a particular service and provides services in a specific region.

• Like 1

Organic traffic is my best source of traffic. Secondly social media like reddit and facebook. I also get traffic from stumbleupon and sometimes they are not converting.