Sign in to follow this  

Web-based Software

Can anyone give their opinion of LogMeIn for working virtually? Can the client continue using their computer while you access their computer? What software is recommended for working virtually for email management, calendar/Schedule management, bookkeeping, etc.?

I'm new to the virutal assistant world and am having some trouble with the idea of performing tasks generally done in an employer's office versus performing them from my home office. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,

Juli

LogMeIn (or computer sharing program) will not allow 2 people to work on a computer at a time.

As for email and calendar management, it would depend on the program that they use. Google of course is easy to share, Outlook not so much. If they are Office/Outlook users you should check out Microsoft 365 however I do not know if this will help you.

As for bookkeeping, there are many cloud programs and Quickbooks also provides an online version. I have found with QB if you put the files in Dropbox you can "share the file" so that it is updated in real time. This takes a lot of coordination with you and the client however if they only want access to see their info in real time it is another viable option.

Hey Juli, Congratulations on getting started! Tawnya and Lee have answered most of your questions, but I did want to put a shout out for Office365 as a means to collaborate with clients for email and calendar management, if your clients are Outlook users and Microsoft users. It's a paid service but very reasonable and easy to use.

I also use Dropbox quite a bit with my clients to share documents, so it means I can work on them in my office and when they need to access them they can open them from their own office.

Hope that helps!

Tracey

I use the free version logmein a lot. I am always traveling and need to access my home computer. It is great! I also use Dropbox with logmein to easily transfer files between my laptop and desktop computer while traveling.

I've been using LogMeIn Free and it works great. Although, if your client has a Mac, one drawback is that it won't wake a sleeping Mac on a wireless network (client does not want to leave computer "awake" all day, so we have to coordinate when I will be logging in).

I can definitely agree that Teamviewer is easy and seamless. I love this application. I found it when my dad needed help with an email. I loved it ever since and now use it for my clients.

• Like 1