R0nniebryan

What is branding?

Hello Assistants, what a powerful, year this has been for me,and it seems my life is changing ,it started to change, when Instead of being focused on getting traffic, I begin to learn about branding yourself, I still make tweaks, here and there, but I am discovering who I am, and love it.

Kate Buck Jr, describes two brands, your personal brand,what makes you unique,aside from the name Ronnie, which is a nick name, my mother gave me. I have also found Gold is my color, and I have always, thought blue , was my favorite color=) , but Gold is the color on autumn trees,so it gets me thinking of my creator, Gold is one color used in Money, Gold Bars, and Money, sure helps in life.

Now, my business brand, is marketingimproving, and that has become my domain name,and will appear in any business title,what have I done over the past three years, but learn marketing,live marketing, challenge myself in marketing. So, this has become my professional brand.

I have come up with the idea, to use autumn trees,and marketingimproving, on all marketing materials,this has become my universal brand.

So, what is your brand? how did you discover it, or did it discover you?

Kate Buck, Jr is good peeps. :) I've been thinking about branding lately too.... not sure I've really got my official branding nailed down yet. Need to work on that. I know color is often associated with branding... I like a lot of colors, red being my favorite; but can't go overboard with it! Still pondering, in the mean time, I continue to run my business and make money - without any official branding. LOL

You mentioned two types of branding Ronnie: personal brand and what's the second? Color? or ??

Nope, the second is the professional brand, in this case, mine would be marketingimproving, Gold would be the color to fit my professional brand, where as blue, is more a personal brand color, l love blue, because it is cool like water, and clear like sky.

Ronnie

To me my brand is how others recognize my business. I use colors (light blue and gray), a logo and sometimes my tagline. Although I don't use my logo in my signature in this forum. So whenever people see any of my brochures, business cards, etc., they recognize that it's my business that they are seeing (even when they don't recognize me in person).

Ronnie

To me my brand is how others recognize my business. I use colors (light blue and gray), a logo and sometimes my tagline. Although I don't use my logo in my signature in this forum. So whenever people see any of my brochures, business cards, etc., they recognize that it's my business that they are seeing (even when they don't recognize me in person).

Awesome,awesome, thank you , Linda,

With my MediaMage.com business site, I've always used orange (trusting colour which many large companies use like FedEx, HomeDepot, etc.) and blue (to attract corporate clients) for my colours. I don't really have a logo and instead brand the name MediaMage with Mage meaning magician in french and my tagline " Turning Clicks Into Cash For Her Clients!

With VAnetworking, I've tried to brand our logo more using it with all my websites like VAvirtuosos.com, VAinsiders.com, VAnetworking.com, VAcoupondeals.com, etc. Right now colours are purple/gold but I'm going to change each site to have its own colours yet same VA logo to make everyone think of VAs when they see that logo.

You have to be careful with colours though if you work internationally as they can mean different things in different cultures. ie) Western cultures associate white with purity whereas Asian cultures, mostly in China white stands for death. So you want to research colours somewhat to when branding. I have a colour chart at my website and if you click on the colours you can see their meanings.

vainsiders.jpg