Do you actually work via a mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet?

If so, can you do all of your work via a mobile device?

If you can't do all of your work via mobile devices; do you have your business setup so you can monitor work via a mobile device (cloud syncing, checking email, etc...)?

I only use my iPad to respond to emails mostly and use IMAP to keep everything in sync with my desktop computer.

There is a mobile app for the forum (download here for $1.99) that works really good with my iphone.

Most of my websites are mobile in Wordpress. What plugin do you recommend for Wordpress to make your site mobile ready?

vainsiders.jpg

I often us the WP Touch Wordpress plugin to make a mobile friendly version of a web site . It works pretty well. However, I use the Genesis framework on most sites, and several of their designs are mobile responsive - which I really like! No plugins needed with those. :)

We like to pretend it is, but the reality is that I have (and use) 4 monitors in my home office. I CAN work from my laptop, but it's not time efficient. I can check/forward emails from my laptop or mobile device, but the reality is that I am much more productive sitting in my office :)

Just an update here to find if anything new is in the market or what others use to make their websites mobile friendly?

I am thinking of upgrading and getting the paid version http://www.bravenewcode.com/wptouch/themes/ only because it appears the free one doesn't allow for social networking icons anywhere. One of the major parts of marketing my websites is social networking so need to give them a way to connect.

vainsiders.jpg

Thanks Traci! Our VAnetworking theme was built by a developer and has like 3 wordpress installs within same. So theme isn't something I can change right now as it is designed from scratch. I'll have to find a plugin that can convert it for now.

vainsiders.jpg

Guest Clydene

I work solely on my laptop; then, when I'm traveling, my 'office' comes with me. :) I occasionally use my smartphone for checking and answering emails, but I prefer the mobility my laptop gives.

I am always traveling so my business comes with me everywhere and that is something I love about being a VA! :) But I don't do things from my iPhone at all. I just use my laptop for everything, much easier.

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)