Angela Wills

How Often Do You Blog?... and what for?

There's much debate about how often someone SHOULD blog, but what's really realistic?

How often do you aim for posting to your blog? And... what is your goal for your blog?

For me, the goal is once a week but there have been gaps of a month or more at a time when I get busy with other things. In all reality blogging is not my top priority as a money-maker but it's definitely business must to keep brining in SEO traffic and building email leads.

I have 3 blogs which I attempt to update fairly regularly. Today I discovered Hootsuite which I'm hoping will make my blogging life a little easier. My goal is to blog 3 times per day, excluding Sundays.

New to the Virtual Assistant industry, I haven't started a blog for this purpose yet. My question is, what do you place on such a blog?

Thanks so much!

Catherine

We blog (my husband is the paralegal side) usually when a pressing legal issue comes up (mortgage fraud cases). I too am guilty of not blogging more often, especially when I know I have some good topics. Soon....

Guest Traci-CA

I have not yet set up a blog. Do people get business from their blogs? What is the purpose of a blog as a VA other than updating people/clients on happenings in your/their industry?

Traci people do get business from their blogs.

As a VA the main purpose would be to showcase your expertise and get found in the search engine for relevant terms. It is one tool in the toolbox and I certainly wouldn't spend all your marketing efforts there.

In my experience most clients don't spend a lot of time reading 'how-to' content but they do benefit from seeing case studies and examples of the work you do... these have converted to clients for me.