Sign in to follow this  
Angela Wills

What's Your Biggest Challenge With Blogging?

What do you find the most difficult about being a blogger or starting a blog?

Is it finding the time? Using WordPress? Thinking of what to write? Getting comments? Getting traffic?

I'd love to hear what you're struggling with so we can talk about it more and get some problems solved!

I would say my biggest challenge is finding the time to blog. I put other tasks in a higher priority but I know a consistent blog can bring a consistent income so I need to really get better at this for myself.

Looking forward to hearing your answers :)

• Like 1

I think my problem is managing my time so I actually upload my blog posts. I need to schedule it regularly. I tend to forget and get busy doing other things. I already have the posts (from my semi-monthly newsletter) so the content shouldn't be a problem, it's just me getting/taking the time to actually make it happen. Have a magic pill Angela?? I could use one!

No magic pill, sorry! You gotta just make it happen.

I think when you see results that's very motivating.

Can you ask yourself if what you're posting is going to get your results. If the answer is no the next question to ask yourself is what you can try next that will...

My biggest challenge is keeping to my schedule as I have to blog almost every day of the week and some days I wake up and just don't feel like it. What I need to do is the days I do feel like it, maybe write a few and put as drafts for the days I don't feel like it ;)

I prepost my blogs. I set time aside every Friday for writing and posting and have been doing this for a few years. It's the only way I can be sure it gets done. So it's diarised as a regular weekly entry.

• Like 1

Good you got it sorted. It's a great tool that has many intracacies as you begin to search within. Enjoy!

Most often than not, lack of time hinders a person from doing or writing blogs. So if you are making such for your business and your time seems to always be not enough, it would be a great step to simply have virtual assistants to do that for you and your business. Thanks =)

• Like 1

My biggest problem is procrastination… and that is because I do not like writing, it is something I've never been good at. So writing content for my business is a struggle for me because I don't enjoy writing and therefor I always put it off over and over again.

I do have a lifestyle blog that I enjoy writing for. It is full of reviews, travel stories, lifestyle tips and more. I find that if I really enjoy a product then I have fun writing about it on there. But I do still find myself putting things off. I seriously have piles of products that I should blog about but never do. I actually wrote two posts yesterday for it and it took me like 4 hours between taking pictures, editing the photos and writing the two posts.

I think because I struggle with writing it takes me awhile to actually write a blog post. So I always put them off.

• Like 1

You must have picked that trait up from me Danielle as I detest writing too.

I've found if I just write like I speak it seems easier so just flow the words out at first. Then I go in and start editing it. I'm starting to see money coming in from writing content so there is a bit more incentive there to write nowadays. ;)

I find some days the words flow out better than others and on those days I write as much as I can.

Just try to write about what you love and know and the words will flow out. You are an awesome writer, I always enjoy reading your posts :)

Guest samuraislady

My problem is no one remembers me. The only response I've gotten is spam on most of the blogs I've written over the years. I tell people I know about them and they may look once and that's it. They don't even ask me how it's going. So it's no comments, or spam , period.