I appreciate that Lily, thank you kindly. I give 150% to everything I do. My motto: "Tell you what, you give me a chance, I will go above and beyond and stand by my promise to deliver or it is free."

Thank you kindly Lily, that would be greatly appreciated.

My new motto: "Tell you what, you give me a chance, I will go above and beyond and stand by my promise to deliver or it is free."

I can totally relate to the need for clients right away. Since you enjoy writing, would you think of doing newsletters for a target market? I'm not sure about other niches but non-profit agencies might want to hire out that task as it would probably take too long for their admin person to do it. You could get a listing of non-profit agencies in your area and maybe send them a short survey asking if that is a service they may be interested in. One newsletter per month for one agency wouldn't be too costly for an npo and you could probably whip up quite a few newsletters in a month!

Just an idea!

Hello Cathy, wow...newsletters. I had forgotten about that. Newsletters is something I am quite good at. When I worked at TCF (non-profit) I was responsible for their Lifeline Newsletter that ran about 16 pages. I enjoy newsletters actually. Unfortunately, there are none in my area that would require my services.

Would I do a "search" for non-profits online and approach them? This is something new to me, so I apologize in advance for the silly questions.

Thank you kindly Cathy for your ideas. It would be exciting to get some income coming in.

Hi Bettina, you wouldn't need to limit yourself to a local area, I'm pretty sure there's a national (or maybe several) organization that lists non-profits....do a google search and see what you can come up with. You may have to send info to tons of them to get a few good responses, but it may be worth your while. If you have experience with doing newsletters for an association in the past, do you have copies of what you've done or could you get copies? That would be part of your portfolio (which you can use to show your work!) I hope that gives you some encouragement to try something you may not have thought of before!!

Hello Cathy, thank you for your suggestion(s). I actually do have copies as I was responsible for the complete designing of all their promotional material and website, so I kept everything. I actually have copies of the newsletter on my website as well as writing clips and information.

I will have to search for non-profits, thank you for your consideration.