LindaH

Last Quarter of the Year

There are only three months remaining in 2012.

In one of my business classes, I was told that normally businesses begin to wind down at the end of the year only to start back up at the first of the year. They said that if you want to continue with your momentum you need to keep going and not wind down. Now is the time to start thinking about the clients that you want for 2013. What are you going to do to find those clients?

Look back at what you have done this year to get clients, what worked, what didn't. Now that the year is almost over, is there something that you should have done differently? Now is the time to begin to concentrate on what you want to do in 2013. Sure, you still have three months of 2012 to go, but don't stop now. Just because the year is coming to a close doesn't mean that you need to slow down. [Yes, there are the holidays coming up and everyone will be frantic.] By beginning to work on planning for 2013 now, means that you will be able to continue on with what you need to do in order to be in front of your target market (clients) in January and not thinking about it in January and getting around to it by February.

I would love to hear your comments, thoughts, whatever --

Guest Denise O'Berry

In one of my business classes, I was told that normally businesses begin to wind down at the end of the year only to start back up at the first of the year. They said that if you want to continue with your momentum you need to keep going and not wind down. Now is the time to start thinking about the clients that you want for 2013.

You are absolutely right Linda.

It's a huge mistake to wind down at the end of the year. Before you start on next year, you want to make sure you know where you are for this year and that you are on track to accomplish your goals. Then you can look at how it is going to turn out and make your plans for next year.

I have a post that gets pretty popular around this time of year that may interest you all. It's at http://www.deniseoberry.com/kick-start-your-business-with-a-five-day-action-plan/