Have you ever been to Fiverr.com?

Have you ever tried out any of the offers?

Have you ever listed a service on there?

Fiverr.com is a website full of offers that people will do for $5. People will do anything from creating a logo for you, to recording a silly video saying whatever you'd like them to say.

I haven't tried it out but it is a very popular place and have been thinking about just spending $5 and trying something to see the results. It is just $5, I could spend that much easily at the gas station buying a pop and chips while getting gas.

• Like 2

Guest MelissaG

You still have to pay taxes on it. So $5 is more like $4.30. Honestly, I think the only reason it does so well is because its $5. A logo is normally at least $50. Sometimes its less at places like Elance. But $5? That's robbery.

I made a flyer for a local company and charged them $145 (and probably should have charged alot more since it took me 5 hours to create). I did a local hotels general flyer for free that they told me would have cost them around $2000 to have done professionally (I was working for them full time as an employee or I would never have done it).

$5 is far too little for the amount of work that it actually takes. I really suggest that you not join Fiverr. That way you won't be taken advantage of. People should be paid what they are worth. $5 isn't even minimum wage in any first world country.

Guest tracylcray

I don't think you were saying you were going to offer services, is that correct Danielle? If you are thinking about spending $5.00 to see what kind of logo you get, I say try it.

Guest MelissaG

I'm sorry, I misunderstood. But I can say that I still wouldn't do it.

Guest Denise O'Berry

My luck with Fiverr has been hit and miss. I sure wouldn't try them for anything critical. I did just have someone transcribe a video and that was a good experience -- I 'll be using her again.

I tried Fiverr last week after I posted this topic.

I did the same thing as you Traci, by filtering with the highest ratings.

I was impressed with the gig and will be trying a few more things.

I think the key thing is that you are only spending $5 so you shouldn't set your expectations too high!

Hi there,

I just joined the forum a couple of days ago. So, I'm still exploring the many topics! The initial thread was started over a year ago but I wanted to respond. I've used Fiverr once and was quite pleased with the results and interaction. I used a subcontractor for my VA business name. Although, I had several ideas for the name & taglines, I felt like I had a creative block about both. Wasn't it Henry Ford who said he surrounded himself with people who knew the things he didn't. Rather than waste more time, a different strategy seemed in order.

I decided to at least give it a shot, then took well over a week reading profiles & feedback before deciding who to approach with my "gig". I was surprised what some of these folks were willing to do for $5 but many have add-on services. I figure they might be using Fiverr as a vehicle to expand their clientele. It seems much like "giving it away" but not completely. They can take those positive testimonials with them anywhere.

Anyway, I chose someone with a high ranking & submitted my request. He asked a few more questions, then responded in his 24 hour turnaround guarantee with 3 names whose domain names were available. He also gave suggestions related to each name. He offered 2 additional name options but without feedback or research re: their availability status for domains.

Just my two cents...

Pamela

• Like 2

Sounds like you have a great experiences Pamela! I've only had positive experiences using Fiverr and will continue to use it.

I've used it several times just to get a photo touched up to perfection because it takes me longer than paying someone $5 to do it.

Yes, Danielle very positive experiences! I too will continue to use them. These folks are marketing their skills & getting a few dollars in the process. Sounds like you saved time and received great service. Seems like a win-win situation to me!

• Like 1

I used fiverr for my logo! The only problem I had was that the gig was removed and I still needed the person to change the colors to specific colors... Now I'm looking for someone to do that for me. Other than that, my logo was completed within the 24 hour window that was advertised. I'm sure I will use them again for something else.

• Like 1

Guest outsourcing2vietnam

Good site. One more site for me to offer my services. Thank admin Danielle. :)

• Like 1

Had great experience with FIverr for transcription purposes. Looking forward to working with the provider again. Many times the $5 is an entry or base point, you then pay for additional services related to that entry request (extra gigs).

• Like 1