I do online video production and have used Fiverr for voice over narration and royalty-free music. The VOwork was great and I highly recommend her. It cost more than $5 of course as she charges by the number of words of the script and mine was probably 4-5x the amount...so I purchased that many gigs to cover the amount of words in the script.

The music came pre-packaged with about 10 songs for $5. I purchase an extra $15 gig to receive a letter stating I owned rights to play the music in my videos since sometimes YouTube can get weird with music that is used in multiple videos. So the cost was a total of $20 for 10 songs. Here is the video so you can hear both the vo work and music.
http://youtu.be/nLr0oPnNmOc?list=UUZrCkW7KKDs_jjINhTezyJg

• Like 3

I ordered the blogs submission on Fiverr, just $5 and it saved me a lot of time.

However, when I received the results, the seller achieved the quantity, but quality was so so.

My experience: you should contact with seller for detail information before purchasing.

• Like 1

Personally I probably wouldn't offer my services on Fiverr if I didn't have the experience to do the work but to each their own. I wouldn't want to say I could do something and not be able to provide an end result to someone who hired me there if that makes sense.

• Like 1

I see that this post was made quite awhile but I wanted to add my two cents..I am a VA on Fiverr and that's how I got started in the Virtual Assistant business. I did not even know that this field was in existence, from what I have seen in previous posts, I do agree that $5 is a base price for services and depending on what you want gig extra's are used to pay more.

• Like 3

I think the key to a positive experience with Fiverr is to be choosy in what you'd pay them to do. Like, having a logo designed or having some audio transcription done.....perfect. Fiverr is great for that. In fact, that's how I got my logo. The bonus there is that it's so cheap that I paid 2 or 3 designers to design a logo for me--that way I had options to choose from.

But, there are some things i just simply wouldn't trust to have done through Fiverr. For example, I have a client that had his domain hosting set up and site migration initiated on Fiverr and then later came to me with a hugely botched mess to clean up. It was a nightmare that took over a month to repair. And because I felt bad for the guy (he's as far away from the tech-savvy end of the spectrum as it gets) and had completely underestimated the magnitude of the job (he told me that his Fiverr person said all we needed to do was delete a file from his cPanel and I'm no web developer, but it had sounded easy enough), I put in many hours pro bono trying to solve a puzzle I didn't fully understand and with a Fiverr person who wanted to totally wash her hands of the gig altogether.

Oh well. Big lesson learned in terms of what I'm willing and not willing to do going forward. And I learned a lot about Wordpress site migrations!

• Like 3

I also use Fiverr to for things like... removing backgrounds from Photos or to edit client headshots. It's $5, and by the time I open Photoshop and mess around I rather just spend $5 to get them to do it, plus they do a way better job than me.

• Like 2

I've used Fiverr with okay results. I used a top seller with thousands of results for Keyword 'report' which was simply a copy of what I could do on Google.

In July, I started looking for a job. I was told I was too old and that I was out of work for way too long. I decided to use a well-known website to offer my personal assistant services locally. I invested in a background check, and a pro. profile to boost my visibility.

My experience as an office worker (15 years) was rejected as being too old. I then decided to offer nanny services as I'm a mom. Again my experience was rejected this time because I wasn't paid to do these services.

Finally, I thought I could be an Uber driver. My car did not meet standards by 1-year.

I had two choices by the time August came around. I could wallow in self-pity or do something. I chose to offer my office skills (virtual personal assistant) on Fiverr. Previously I was only a customer so it was a gamble.

I've been blessed with the clients I received. Yes, it's only $5/hour (now $5/ 30-min), but it is a whole lot better than $0. [actually it's more like $4/hour as Fiverr takes a 20% cut]

It's definitely not for everyone, but it is (was) something for me.

• Like 2

I remember cutting the neighbours lawn for $25 when my kids were young to help pay the telephone bill that month. Sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to pay the bills. Personally though what I do when I need money now is sell something I don't really need or that I can replace at a later date. I can look around here right now and see 5 things I could sell on Craigslist if I had to ie) china, crystal, books, jewelery, designer boots/shoes.

I'd rather sell my stuff than my time but to each their own on how they make ends meet during slow times.

• Like 2

When it comes to bigger projects I don't usually trust to award the job in fiverr. I used to for like outsourcing petty jobs like attracting likes to Facebook or getting followers on twitter.

• Like 2