Traci Knoppe

I'm looking for time tracking/countdown project management...

I'm not sure if what I need already exists or not. I have been tracking time using MyHours.com - and that's all well and good; but my clients either buy a block of time, or they are on retainer and have a max amount of hours they can get for their retainer. What I want/need is a project management system that has a ticker or tracker of some sort in a client area where they can see how many hours they bought, and how many hours are remaining.

Anyone know of such a system? I want to be able to reset their clock/ticker when they buy more time, or each month when their package renews: but I would prefer to not have to rely on running reports for each client. I would like it to just be visible to them in a customer portal or ticket system or something.

It's the countdown/tracker feature that I'm not seeing. I find other PMs where you can enter time, but it doesn't "countdown" or really track it from a starting point down. KWIM?

Hopefully someone knows of such a system. :)

I know this probably doesn't answer your question but I'm thinking that this is something that Excel could do. You could have a custom menu that links to a different workbook for each client so that they have their own password to get in. Your PM would have to keep each page updated but you probably have to do that with your time tracker anyway.

Thanks Dawn. After further searching, I found something that does this: My Client Spot. It allows for time tracking against retainers (and also hourly, of course)! This is what all of my clients are - they pay in advance, so are retainer clients working against time they already paid for. So I need to know when they are getting close to running out of time. ;)

Hi,

Try using Replicon's software! Its really easy-to-use adn quick to implement. It is also integrated with project management and accounting software as well.

It is specially designed for iphone users. So, you have iphone then its more comfortable to view the status of official timesheets, work hours, clients billing housrs and overall expenses instantly.

You can find more details from this link - ( http://www.replicon.com/time-tracking-softwares.aspx )

Thanks!!