Sign in to follow this  

Hi all - First the is probably just me venting (needed somewhere to do it and I know i wont' be judged & might get something out of it). I've been so busy lately with my day job, I literally come home and don't want to mess with anything else especially if I don't have to. I've got audio seminars to listen to and homework for a webinar that is due on the 31st. I'm grateful for my JOB but I also want to get my VA business going. I think this is short term (being busy at work). Had a bunch of stuff dropped on me and am sorting thru. I downloaded my audios tonight so that when I can, I am able to go to them quickly. I just feel no motivation to do them. I know everyone is busy during the holidays and it is the same for me. I have next week off for the Christmas holiday and should be quiet at work the 1st week in January. Thanks for reading. :(

Well it sounds like you have plenty to do right now and it can be hard to feel motivated when you have too much to do. You can get overwhelmed. Hopefully the days you have off, you can get what you want done.

Its easy to get overwhelmed. I'm under deadline to finish a book by the end of the month so it can be sold at the NY Bar Association meeting in January .... and I haven't been motivated to write in over 2 weeks.

This time of year with holiday obligations, end of the year obligations, work obligations, family obligations - it can get stressful.

If you find yourself in overwhelm, don't feel guilty about taking an hour or more to yourself. Turn your phone off and go somewhere quiet and peaceful and just be. Be still, be quiet and listen to your inner you.

If that sounds hippy-dippy, oh, well! It does work.

Oh how I can relate! ;) I find I lose my motivation when I get too overwhelmed with work and when too many people are demanding a piece of my time. You'd think it would be the other way around but no, when it starts piling up I just want to sit on the couch and veg out LOL! What helps me when I'm totally freaked out about all the things I have to do is first, talk and vent to a friend (or here) and get it out of my system. Admitting I have a motivation issue is the first in getting back on track. Then I make a list of all the things I need to do. This in itself can be overwhelming but at least it is better than doing nothing. Once it is on a written list for me, I just start tackling say a couple tasks a day and work through them. I actually put a line through them when they are done so if I wake up the next morning feeling like I've got nothing done, at least I can see, well I did scratch that off my list yesterday. Somehow that pushes me to want to scratch another thing off my list.

Remember we can only do what we have time for. We aren't superman and as much as we'd like to get it all done, sometimes we can't. But we can at least give it a go and try to save the world!

Sometimes I'll even give myself a gift goal if I get everything done too. Something I don't often get like a massage at the spa or a new purse/shoes. Motivation sometimes leaves us and we are truly the only ones who can get ourselves back on track and fact is we just have to step up and like Nike says, DO IT ;)

Just know that you are not alone and you can vent with us anytime here. We all have done it once or a hundred times. Sometimes we just need a bit of support and that's what we are here for. Let us know how it goes this week, check back in.

Thanks all. Work lightened back up mid week and I got some stuff done. I'm gonna have to make a list of things to that I need to do. That is part of my problem...too many things and can't remember everything in my head like I used to be able too. I'll post more later. Merry Christmas!