Shannon B

Best way to contact a potential Client

I am at the stage in my business where I would like to seek out some clients. My target market is Individual Real Estate Agent's. What is the best way to contact them? Should I snail mail them my brochure and business card? Send him/her a personalized email with my brochure attached?

I really can't tell if any of these agent's already have some sort of assistant, so I will hope they don't!

Any other advise on how to seek a client would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Shannon Yurystowski

Have you worked with real estate agents before? So many of them now, I've found, want VAs that are trained and/or have experience. I went through the REVA Academy Bootcamp last year and it was totally worth it. Even though I don't work in real estate right now, the training I got has helped in other ways.

Take a look at what they have to offer and reach out to Serita, April or Megan. They're all great and will gladly answer any questions you have.

Hi Dana,

Actually I just completed the CPREA certificate through REA University! So I would say I have a good knowledge of what type of help they need, but still no actual Hands on work in their programs. I know this is a downfall, but I have to start somewhere, right?! :)

Well you might get some bites from doing either of those things - snail mail or email. Can you join a networking organization - they usually have at least 1 realtor there. Is there a realty organization where you could advertise your services? Something like the medical board for doctors.

Stephanie,

I am sure there are organizations but I don't know any off the top of my head.

If there is someone who knows of some in Canada, please let me know or how to search for them :)

Okay ... I'm having a brain fart ... who in Canada has the CREVA knowledge? I want to say Pam Ivey, but she's more marketing.

And Shannon, I didn't mean to indicate you didn't have experience. Your initial post didn't go into detail, so unless I know you, I have to err on the side of caution rather than giving someone advice and ideas they may not be ready for.

REVA Academy has a Facebook group, but that's (I think) only open to their "graduates". Feel free to contact any of the 3 ladies I mentioned and ask if you could join the group.

And if anyone knows who I'm thinking of (Canadian REVAs) - please post it here.

Sorry Dana for not giving more info. Hope my post didn't sound rude, just meant that yesterday was the day I received my certification! CPREA is one of Pam Ivey's. I checked out REVA Academy and the course looks to be very similar to what I just completed.

So by having the education but no hands on experience, what's the best way to contact a potential client? Email, cold calling?

There's the Canadian Real Estate Association - crea.ca. I would also do some searches on Google for advertising for Canadian realtors and you may come up with some resources.

When I used to do real estate work my best route to get started was in finding a couple of Realtors locally through Chamber of Commerce/BNI networking groups. Once you get "in tight" with one Realtor they start to talk and the word of mouth referrals spread quickly if you are good at your work.

Hire a VA, who can get your presence in social media and frequently make updates there about your business presence in the area and can help finding target clients, approach them either socially interacting them and sending them brochures or your details. Else hire someone to personally meet them, if required.

Hi There =) There are a lot ways to have your target clients contacted. You can do telephone calls, email marketing or you can also use the prevalence of social media networks like Facebook, twitter, Linked, and others. However, if you really are into getting more results at a shorter period of time, you can consider having virtual assistants to contact your prospects.