Jerri G

Changing niches or rebranding

What does it mean when someone says they are re-branding their business?

I am changing my niche to Dental billing and coding though I am keeping my other niches as well. I am only focusing on the Dental billing and coding, meeting planning and online book marketing.

I know that I need to market to dentists, but does you know of anyone that has marketed to dentist in the past, what was their success rate? I'm just a little lost on how to go about starting to market? Are dentists willing to use a VA?

Thank you

Hi Gerri,

Rebranding would consist of changing their logo, company colors, business cards, marketing materials, and overage appearance. The identifiable brand to the general public will be different than in the past. Think of when Pepsi and Coca Cola changed up their own logos and reworked their commercials with new looks and taglines.

Changing a niche is either targeting a different customer type or offering a new service. It depends on if the niche is industry focused or service focused.

As you do your market research to see if dentists are a viable customer for you add in doing searches on LinkedIn and LinkedIn Groups. You may find a group with this focus. Check with your local Chamber of Commerce directory to see if dentists are in the mix. Allow your research guide you as to whether or not dentists secure the services you intend to offer.

I sometimes think about rebranding OffAssist and getting a different company name, but EVERYTHING is under there so it's just a hassle I'm not willing to endure yet. We did change the colors 2 years in (so about 9 years ago now!). I did a logo change at 2minuteswithava.com - Sigh. I guess that's why when I started the Virtual Assistance League, I made sure that the colors/branding/feel/etc really were what we needed/wanted.

Who knows though. I get a wild hair sometimes and just start changing stuff. LOL!

• Like 1