Sign in to follow this  
Guest SarahP

Questions about Twitter and Tweeting

Guest SarahP

Hi, I am new to twitter and have a few questions. Do you use both twitter for your business and do you find it effective? Do you use your personal twitter or did you create a separate one for business? What kind of things do you say on your twitter for business, is it kept strictly professional?

Thank you for your advice!

Hi Sarah,

I have a few twitter accounts for each business and/or blog that I have. I have one that I consider my personal one but it is also for one of my blogs. I have one for my virtual assistant business @ProactiveVA

Deciding if you want a personal and/or business Twitter really depends on what you want to do and what you can handle.

I suggest keeping your business one fairly professional. But that being said, make sure to add some personal tweets in there to make it more personal and so you don't sound like a robot.

On your business one you could tweet out your blog posts. Retweet things that are of interest to you and your target market. For example you could follow @VAnetworking and retweet their #VAtips. You could ask people business related questions to get them talking. I like to tweet inspirational words and people really seem to like those.

You can tweet whatever you want! It is really a personal choice. I suggest to just jump in there and start tweeting away!

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Check out our 10 FREE RESOURCES for Virtual Assistants plus DOWNLOAD our Virtual Assistant Start Up Checklist!

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)

I just have a business Twitter account @vanetworking although I use it for personal stuff too. That way people form relationships with you because you are like a real person and not just all business.

It's really a personal choice. If you use one account for both, I agree with Danielle's answers above.

vainsiders.jpg