Kelly-VA

Have you attended a physical business networking event?

Hi, my local town is having a women's business event and was wondering if anyone has ever gone to something like this?

It would entail setting up a booth and I assume networking with other women who own local businesses. Do you think it would be beneficial? Could I even go to it as I am not a physical business per-say.

Would you recommend I get some free gifts to give out with my business name or something like that?

I think it would be beneficial just to get your name out there among the rest of the business community.

Call the organizers and let them know who you are, what you do and let them know you're interested. Even though YOU aren't a "physical" business, lots of physical businesses use virtual assistants.

One of my long-term clients (3 years now) is one of the largest HVAC businesses in the south with over $20M in sales & service each year. I started out doing personal stuff for the CEO and its morphed into Operations Management with the VP of Operations with some personal stuff for the CEO thrown in. I do about 80 hours / month with them. Started out at 20/month.

So that's definitely a physical business because they have 11 locations in 3 states.

Great advice! There was actually one of these type of events in my city last month and I wanted to go but saw it a day before it was happening. That didn't really give me time to prepare for it. Made me realize that I should always have extra business cards and goodies stocked in case something comes up that would benefit me and my business.

Thank you for the advice Dana, Candy, Danielle and Tawnya! I am going to get myself organized so I am ready for the event.

Edited by Kelly-VA