I often find that Virtual Assistants are starting their businesses from scratch, and usually with very limited capital for starting out. Anything that can help reduce expenses is a good thing! So...in that reasoning, I found this article about budget-friendly online marketing strategies. Check it out here: 5 Online Marketing Strategies for a Tight Budget

Have a great week!!

Cathy

5 Online Marketing Strategies for a Tight Budget

Read more: http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/226146#ixzz2OZYoP4RF

I love the Local Celebrity idea. In my earlier days I did marketing campaigns for Oprah, Gene Simmons (I think he is a marketing mongol), Donald Trump to name a few. I gave them these great pitches including everything from work for them for free for the year to showing them ways they may have not considered.

This was before Twitter. With twitter, I think it would be much easier to grab a celebrities attention to interest them at having a look at the services you offer.

• Like 1

That is simply fantasitic! Just as how Natasha puts it - really inspiring. =) Thanks for sharing.

I will recommend this to my friends and to other who wants to be have answers for this particular field. Looking forward to learn more from you guys, ;)

Edited by infinityweb
  • Like 1

I personally believe that Sharing one's know-how can be used as a effective marketing tool.

But many don't consciously opt for this method, for the fear of having their "expert advice given away for free"..therefore resulting in no-billable-amount.

I am not suggesting a "knowledge transfer"... but a little bit of "sound expert guidance" can work a long way in getting informed-clients

Your thoughts members

:)

• Like 3

Agree Deepa! Big believer in giving stuff away and I'm not worried for one second about giving up free information. I'm a natural helper/teacher type anyway, so this sits well with my values.

One of the things I'm doing now is putting together a free eCourse for my subscribers (will be my new opt in offer). It'll have lots of juicy marketing info. in it and I'm really excited and nervous about putting it out there.

For me this is a great opportunity to build my authority as a newcomer to the market, attract more clients and grow a stronger relationship with my subscribers. Plus (as a huge supporter of passive income), I'm also planning a series of paid info products and my freebie will give my subs an insight into the quality they are getting when they buy from me.

Content marketing is a slow process but one which will pay dividends in the long term. :)

• Like 4

Have you any advice how and where to learn about Email Marketing campaign as service for some company, but with tight budget? :)

I just self-taught. Not sure of any programs, but maybe someone else does.

I teach email marketing on a regular basis at our VAinsiders Club so you may want to check that out. We have group coaching once a month where we zone in on a particular challenge for each attendee and work through a solution to help them get past it for that month.