Dropping by to say hello to everyone! I am looking forward to 'meeting' you.

My name is Abby, I am work full time as an office manager in the construction field in NYC but am branching off to do some virtual assistant work. I have been divorced for awhile, am a single mom with sole custody of 2 teenagers and am in a long distant relationship with a really awesome guy from New Hope, PA. Figured its time for me to start making some long term goals for myself since my big 4-0 birthday lurks in early 2014. eeks....

I am currently setting up my virtual assistant service under the guise of the NYC Biz Chick. That is the name of my blog, my Facebook page and my Twitter. I am still in the process of getting oriented with setting up my VA service by doing all of the preliminary work of reading post after post to learn from others. That's the best way to learn...seriously. I lived in Atlanta for a few years at one point and had a small internet based business down there and learned most of what I needed to know just by networking, blogging and reading of others work. I hope that I will be able to share my own trials and tribulations as I go along.

Anyway, I expect to align myself as more of an administrative assistant type of virtual assistant. Although I have a degree in Studio Art, it is in the fine arts, not digital media, so I won't be marketing myself as a creative assistant. I would like to broaden my horizons to expand to that by taking some classes but right now, I have to bank on what I know: customer Service, basic accounting/bookkeeping, data entry, correspondence, taxes, payroll, etc.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to meeting you!

Hi Abby and welcome to VAnetworking! Glad to have you here! :D

Make sure to check out our Virtual Assistant Conference taking place from May 6th - 10th. It is all virtual and is lots of fun and we all learn a ton of information for our businesses. We are still working on putting the speakers up on the website but it definitely worth checking out.

See you around the fourm!

Hi Abby and welcome! Thanks for the intro to let us know more about you. Sounds like you have an exciting life and it will be fun to hear about all of that and your business ventures as you set out on becoming a VA. Being a VA is perfect as you can live, work and do whatever you want :)

Enjoy the board and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact us. There is also a coffee break forum area to talk about other things than business too.

Looking forward to getting to know you....