Sign in to follow this  
mysavvyva

In-person networking - elevator speech?

I will be attending several in-person networking events in the coming weeks and I'm looking for ideas for my "elevator speech". How do you describe yourself/your business? What's the most effective way to describe what we do?
Looking forward to your advice!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Kelly Minton

CEO, Designer

MySavvyVA.com, LLC / dezign|savvy

Business Support, Brand Styling, Marketing & Design

For elevator speeches (or your pitch) I always follow these elements to keep it around 1 minute long. Typically that was all the time you had to ride up the elevator to the CEO's penthouse to pitch yourself ;)
1. Introduction - 5-10 secs
ie) Hi my name is John Doe and I am the owner of XXX Virtual Assistant Services offering off-site administrative support to busy business owners.
2. Tell a story - 15 secs

ie) Recently I was working with a client that was very overwhelmed and struggling to find time in her day to build new products to take to market and make money. I assisted her by taking over all her email everday sending her only emails that needed her immediate attention. This resulted in her finding 2 more hours per day to produce new products which increased her income 100% within the first month.

3. Ask for the Business - 15 secs

ie) I work with clients who understand the value of outsourcing their adminisrative needs. They understand that this means they can focus on the things that matter in their business and start working with their clients again instead of being stuck behind the mountains of paperwork.

4. Call to action - 15 secs

ie) The next time you hear someone say to you that they are tired of dealing with the frustration of their administrative tasks, please tell that person that you know someone that can ease their pain and make their life easier.

5. Memory Hook - 5 secs

ie) I can do anything an in-house assistant can do except make your morning coffee.

That's how I develop elevator speeches.

Guest bclausen

Hi Kelly,

Because I tend to get carried away with details (I'm working on that), I HAVE to keep my commercial short. I try to know in advance the people I'll be meeting and anticipate what their needs may be that I can help with. Then my self-introduction is something like this:

Hi, my name is Bethanie and I help ____________ to _____________. What do you do?

(target market) (solve problem)

Asking them what they do starts a conversation so I can begin to build a relationship with them and get more information about how I may be of service.

This systems as worked well for me. Best of luck to you!

To your success,

Bethanie

• Like 1

Bethanie, I love your call to action you use, I will have to try that!

Always end your elevator speech with a call to action "What do you do?" is perfect as it starts engaging the audience to start talking about themselves and who doesn't love that? Plus those people will remember it was Bethanie who finally got them off their chair to start talking about themselves...sometimes people just need a lil motivational push ;)

For elevator speeches (or your pitch) I always follow these elements to keep it around 1 minute long. Typically that was all the time you had to ride up the elevator to the CEO's penthouse to pitch yourself ;)
1. Introduction - 5-10 secs
ie) Hi my name is John Doe and I am the owner of XXX Virtual Assistant Services offering off-site administrative support to busy business owners.
2. Tell a story - 15 secs

ie) Recently I was working with a client that was very overwhelmed and struggling to find time in her day to build new products to take to market and make money. I assisted her by taking over all her email everday sending her only emails that needed her immediate attention. This resulted in her finding 2 more hours per day to produce new products which increased her income 100% within the first month.

3. Ask for the Business - 15 secs

ie) I work with clients who understand the value of outsourcing their adminisrative needs. They understand that this means they can focus on the things that matter in their business and start working with their clients again instead of being stuck behind the mountains of paperwork.

4. Call to action - 15 secs

ie) The next time you hear someone say to you that they are tired of dealing with the frustration of their administrative tasks, please tell that person that you know someone that can ease their pain and make their life easier.

5. Memory Hook - 5 secs

ie) I can do anything an in-house assistant can do except make your morning coffee.

That's how I develop elevator speeches.

Wow! Like that Tawnya, may I use this? .I'm getting ready! First I have to get out of the desert! lol

• Like 1