Sign in to follow this  
Katharine G

What's your thoughts? Idea about target market.

You might have noticed from other posts, I'm exploring to decided on my target audience (mompreneurs, real estate are my other two interests). My niche is social media, online website/blog, and email/newsletter campaign management. I want to be my clients go to person for their online presence.

What you do think about having a target market be other Virtual assistants? Since VA's are busy with their clients needs, they need help with their marketing, maintaining their online presence. They may specialize in other services but lack the skills or desire to learn about social media, too. They want to grow their business but they don't have time to consistently be writing, scheduling, and keeping up on their marketing.

Do you see it as an in-demand niche? Would I be able to charge the same rates to another VA as I would a non-va client?

I'd love to see VAs outsource their marketing as it would really help those who don't like doing it. Saying that I feel most VAs won't do it. Why? Because I don't want to say it but over the years I've found that VAs are very frugal when it comes to spending money on their own business. Especially with something they feel they could do themselves (ie: marketing). Problem is they say they are going to market their business one day but never get around to it because they don't like doing it. Personally I don't know if VAs would pay what you are worth and the few that would (because they are smart LOL) wouldn't be a very big market for you to market to.

Just my opinion but if I was you I'd focus on mompreneurs which is a huge market that need these services and can't do them themselves (like VAs may think they can).

And VAs should have to pay the same rate for your services as anyone else,

• Like 1

Tawnya, thanks for your input. I can totally see that happen, too. Your thoughts confirm a situation I am having going on right now as a matter of fact. I wasn't sure if was an out of ordinary case. It's too bad because I can see by hiring another VA who specializes in it would be very good for business growth.

• Like 1