Sign in to follow this  

Hi there,

My name is Amanda and I am in the Start Up phase of my business. I had a question regarding fees and rates, I was just wondering if I am pricing too expensive and perhaps scaring clients away with my pricing. Could someone by chance look over them on my website, and let me know if I am pricing too high. Thanks for your help!

Sincerely,

Amanda

I do no think your rates are too high at all. Have you checked other VA rates in your area?

I agree as well. It's hard to ask what you are worth, but I think Leisa is spot-on with $35-$50/hr. I think it also depends on your area as well.

Someone (I forget who) once told me to never be ashamed of charging what I feel I am worth.

There are potential clients out there that will tell you that your prices are too high, but they aren't the clients for you. You will find clients that will agree, and pay you what you should be paid.

You have to "own" your fees, and not apologize for them. If you feel this is what you are worth, then this is what you should charge. If you charge below what you feel you are worth, you will always be upset with your "job".

And PS. I don't think you are too high!

• Like 4

Hi Amanda, I agree with what the others have stated. In my last job, I was a contractor doing residential cleaning. We priced ourselves in the mid to high range of the market here in Vancouver and we had way more business than we could handle. But of course, there were always clients that groaned about the price but continued to pay because the service we provided was so good! I really feel that if you are going to ask someone to pay you what you are worth, then you have to give them the best service you can because word of mouth in the service industry will be your best advertising!!

By the way, I graduated from Martin HS in Arlington, TX in 2000. :D Welcome to VA Networking! It sure is a small world. :)

• Like 1

Hello Amanda,

I love your website and I do not think your prices are too high. Actually, I am just starting my VA business myself and I am going to set my rates on the higher end and just offer a small discount.

Guest Clydene

Hi Amanda!

Your rates are definitely not too expensive. Over time, you may even want to raise them a little. Best wishes on your new venture!

Great website. Think your rates are perfect. What challenges are you having?