Guest Julianne

Quickbooks Online vs. Hosted Quickbooks

You can do QuickBooks cloud hosting and have the same exact functionality as it would be with the desktop version the same exact look and feel of it. And in the cloud you could access it from anywhere at anytime and on any device with internet connection. If you guys are looking for a company that can host QuickBooks in the cloud I would highly recommend GoInTheCloud (http://www.gointhecloud.com/).

I have started using Qbox with my QB desktop. It allows full access to the QB files for both myself and my client and locks data entry from other parties while it is in use by one person - still allowing folks to see the file, print reports, etc., it just won't save changes other than from the person who locked it until they are done. It's a GREAT system. only $9/month!

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

I am researching this Quickbooks dilema. I found a site that was doing a comparison and here was some feedback from customers. https://quickbooks.intuit.com/reviews/ you can view the feedback.

I want to know what is the problem with desktop Quickbooks?

Is Quickbooks the most popular bookkeeping software used among small businesses?

I also can't imagine that the desktop Quickbooks is more expensive, especially when it is a one-time payment to download the software. I think the monthly online and hosting Quickbooks is really expensive, especially if you don't have clients or have only one that is using it.

Any feedback would be great!

Karen D

• Like 1

For offsite access to QB desktop, I joined QBOx. LOVE IT!! $9/month, my client can access it for read only when I am working in it and it is locked from changes if either of us is in the file until we are done working on it.

I still use the Quickbooks desktop version. I have to buy the software each year but prefer it on my desktop (old fashioned I guess no other reason why LOL). I've never had problems with it except it costs a couple hundred each year to update ;)

I have a client switching to QB Online. He had been using LogMeIn to his main office computer but that was becoming very time consuming for him. Like others I really would perfer not to use LogMeIn to access his QB. I've only used QB Online so I might be a little biased in my opinion of liking it. I am interested to look into QB Hosted after reading some of the replies.

I recommend checking out qbox. https://qbox.coraltreetech.com

Edited by lily chambers
  • Like 1

I would definitely say to go for the desktop version. I have heard many complaints about QBO having less functions compared to the desktop. Along with that, problems may arise if you are using QBO and the internet goes down, or if you run into spotty internet connection.

I would also say that the desktop version is more cost efficient.

Good luck! :)

• Like 1

Personally, I'm using QuickBooks desktop on the cloud for many years. I've also used QBO, but it somewhat narrows down your capability to do more accounting since it has less features than QuickBooks desktop which can be hosted on the cloud. Before going to choose, QuickBooks hosting or QuickBooks Online, check out these differences between the two:

1. Hosting is available only for QuickBooks Desktop Versions (Pro, Premier, Enterprise and Accountant) that works on cloud, on the other hand QuickBooks Online is a fully cloud accounting software.

2. Hosted QuickBooks provides faster access to QuickBooks application and data. On the other hand, heavy traffic may slow down your work, if using QuickBooks Online

3. QuickBooks Hosting provides more add-ons that products. On the other hand, QBO has comparatively less apps or add-ons to work with.

4. There is a majority of Intuit endorsed hosting provider such as AceCloudHosting. On the hand, Only Intuit outsource and manage QuickBooks Online.

5. Hosted QuickBoooks pricing changes from provider to provider, mostly starting from $15/m, on the other hand, QuickBooks Online costs $23/m.

Hope it would help you,

Thanks,

Monika Goel

Senior Tax Consultant

Ace Cloud Hosting

• Like 1

Well, when it comes between choosing Qb hosting or Qb on-line, i would suggest you to go for QB hosting.Here are some points as to why should you opt for qb hosting. First of all, Qb online has very limited features when compared to Qb cloud. Moreover Qb cloud gives the user the same experience as the desktop version. If you are a small business, who do not want to spend extra bucks in technical infrastructure, Qb cloud is the ideal option for you. Qb cloud has more user friendly interface compared to quickbooks online.

Mark johnshon

• Like 1

I have used both so I guess I have a fair idea here. I have been using QB for 8+ years now and just love it. Last year I was on a phone call with Intuit and they suggested me to go for QBO as my technical support for QB had expired and per their suggestion I opted for it. It was not longer than 2 days that I regret my decision, I searched for alternatives and found that cloud hosting is the answer and future. I talked to different companies and finally selected Techarex to host my cloud, I was surprised that they also fix technical and accounting related problems in QB unlike other cloud hosting providers. I am using it for about 2 years now and life is easier now.

• Like 1