Sign in to follow this  
Yogi VA

My website is up (finally!) - comments please

Hello everyone,

So after months of start up fear and procrastination, I finished (for now) my website and published this afternoon.

I would really like to beef up my home page in some way, but want to first work on marketing and securing clients. I"m a perfectionist so this will be an ongoing process for me.

I welcome any and all comments and feedback / suggestions. This was my first time building a site (used Wix.com), and for start up purposes wanted to conserve funds but still look like polished and professional. Currently only know Wordpress for blogging, but would like to expand my skills to use it for sites as well once I'm up and running a bit.

www.aspireadministrative.com

Thank you in advance!!!

Bethany

Aspire Administrative

• Like 1

A great looking site! Job well done :)

At our next VAinsiders Club training webinar it is our Clicks to Ca$H series where I give free website critiques. You may wish to grab a free one month trial and jump in on our discussion :)

• Like 1

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

I really like what you have done. It's aesthetically pleasing, simple to navigate, and includes all the information one would need. I think you might need something that "pops" or really grabs the attention, though. I think you've done a great job doing that with the title but it just needs a little something extra (although I'm not sure what that would be!).

• Like 2

Thanks ladies!

Tawnya: Thank you so much for the 1 month trial! I will plan on attending the Clicks for Cash webinar - I"m soaking up as much info as I can :)

Amanda: I totally get it! It needs something - a "wow" factor element. I was thinking of a banner with client testimonials, more graphics ....not entirely sure yet, but hoping it will come to me :)

• Like 2

Hi Bethany, I just tried to go take a look at your website and nothing was loading. Just wanted to let you know in case something was wrong.

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)

Amanda: LOVE it! Thanks for thinking of me :) Definitely has the "pop" factor and look I"m going for!

Danielle: I've noticed that it takes a couple of secs for the page to fully load - it's not loading smoothly (not sure why) but hoping a call to tech support can fix it. It's now loading for me, but just has a brief pause - let me know if you still have issues and thank you for making me aware!

• Like 1

Oh ok, I waited a few seconds and it did load. I don't have patience to wait and just closed it last time probably instead of waiting for it to load.

Did tech support find out why it was taking a while to load? I'd be worried prospect clients would close it down and not wait for it to load.

Besides the fact, I really like how clean and crisp your website looks. I like the colour scheme and the navigation. :)

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)

Hey Bethany,

In viewing your site...GREAT JOB!. However, it did take some time to load up, I was patient because I want to see it and offer feedback...lol

Looks great, I would definitely check into the loading factor, normally I just close out of a site when it does that. I once read, sites that load slow are turn offs.

Other that that, you've done a FANTASTIC JOB!

• Like 1

I liked your website it was easy to navigate I enjoyed the slideshow effect when you clicked on each individual link that was nice. It did load slow for me as well (Google Chrome) but I am like sfrazier43 I wanted to see it so I waited for it to load i'm glad I did because overall you did a great job. Good Luck

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your comments. I've hounded the support team over at Wix and apparently I am not the only Wix user who complains of slow loading time <_<

They are undergoing some "updates" to resolve the issue, but not sure how long that will take. Live and learn, I suppose. Looks like Wordpress will be my new project soon if things don't start speeding up.

• Like 2

Hi Google has a service to help you assist in your website tune up and give you a grade. This is important because google now ranks on speed.

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/ - my site has a bad score for mobile but great user experience according to google. I know why too. I didn't compress and reduce my images. Try yours.

Your site seems to do well with Google's speed test as well as gtmetrix.com speed grade. http://gtmetrix.com/

Your site does seem to rely heavily on javascript though. While wix can suggest it loads quick, your browser has to do the heavy lifting and a lot of it.

Should you choose to switch to WP and need some advice, call out anytime.

• Like 2

Website Design and Digital Marketing Consultations

Feeling tired from trading all your time for money online? Try adding additional sources of leveraged income to your business. Find out how by clicking here.

Mark, great links to share and thanks! It's amazing how much Google knows about the coding side of our websites and I am 99% sure they take this into consideration when ranking our sites. For example we know they love mobile and have a whole section on making your website mobile ready so that tells me they love these sites more.

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7