Sign in to follow this  
meganhillary1985

Beginning Web Designer Help

Hey everybody,

I know I've been asking a lot of question in here, and I hope you all won't mind another one. I've been learning web design, and have decided to offer it as my first service in my VA business. I know I am a long while yet from opening for business, but I figured I should start thinking about rates now, so that I don't end up putting off opening later, because I can't decide what to charge. I know it will partly depend on how long it takes me to do an actual website. I of course will design my own, and offer up trades to other new VAs--a websites in exchange for some other service. I figured that way, we can help each other practice and build our businesses at the same time. But when it comes down to actually charging, I've been trying to do some research. I've found many people who operate by quotes, and others who sell website packages. That's all well and good, but they didn't appear to be new to web design like me. I was thinking $100-150. Do you think that's a good guess for now?

• Like 1

It's really up to you to decide what you think you are worth. I say figure out how long you think it will take you to build a website, how much your normal hourly rate will be and come up with a web design charge based on that. You may want to mention when you're offering your service that are creating basic websites so that the client is not confused and thinks you are offering fully customizable websites. You should be clear on what you are offering in relation to the web design.

• Like 2

Rates are really personal when it comes to Webdesign. Over time you (with experience) will develop a feel for the length of time it takes to create a webpage and be better at pricing same.

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7