Sign in to follow this  
Marilyn Pierce

Hello from Rockland County, New York!

Hello Everyone! My name is Marilyn Pierce and I have recently taken my law firm's Voluntary Retirement Incentive Package so that I can end my long commute into NYC and start a Virtual Assistant business. I have 30 years experience as a legal/executive assistant as well as bookkeeping experience with my husband's business. Any tips, suggestions as to where to start would be greatly appreciated. I also have a question regarding the seminar this month. Will the various programs be available only when they are scheduled to happen, or will they be archived for persons who sign up. Many thanks to all! Best - Marilyn

Hello Marilyn, welcome to VAnetworking :)

Which seminar are you referring to? We have several events happening this month. Is it regarding VAvirtuosos? If so, that is from October 21st - 25th and it is a series of 20 educational seminars. The seminars are all recorded an available for download after for Gold Members. You can download them for up to 6 months after.

Hi Danielle - yes, my question was about VAVirtuosos, so thanks for the information. I have another question - are membership levels upgradable (i.e. if I buy the Booster, can I upgrade to the higher levels)? Thanks again! Best - Marilyn

Marilyn

You may want to put your paralegal experience to use and focus on being a VA for attorneys. While I was also a paralegal for 13+ years, in addition to several other industries, I knew that I did not want to work with attorneys.

You will definitely benefit from attending VA Virtuosos and becoming a VA Insider, in addition to going through these posts. I have attended several VA Virtuosos; as well as, being a member of VA Insiders. What Tawnya has to offer VAs certainly helped me get my business off the ground and on the "right foot" so to speak.

Guest Clydene

Welcome Marilyn! Best wishes and blessings on your new venture! (How nice not to have to commute anymore! I too, ended a long commute when I started my business).

Hi Marilyn and welcome! Your best start to your business and right here at our free forum here asking questions and getting answers from those of us who have been there, done it and/or doing it right now ;)

I look forward to getting to know you more through your participation here :)

Hi again! Thanks so much for the replies and the support! I am still working full time, so I haven't had much of an opportunity to spend time in the forums yet. I look forward to learning from everyone here. :D

• Like 1