Marie Scott-Eldred wklearning@comcast.net (609) 926-3195

http://www.linkedin.com/in/cinematicmomentsvideo

Hi all! My name is Marie and I am from the Atlantic City area in NJ. I am excited to join this group!

I have two grown sons. I started my home based office when they were young and I was also caring for my elderly

Mother so has since passed. My husband and I reside with our cat “Layla” and our sons are living independently in

the area and have begun exciting careers of their own.

I am seeking a professional position and/or support position in an Office Management, Administrative,

Customer Service and Support, Sales, Help Desk/software, Call Center, IT Purchasing, Video and Post Production,

Basic Website maintenance, or other suitable work. I am a highly organized, self-motivated individual who possesses

strong communication skills as well as practical, real world skills for the 21st Century workplace.

I have run two home-based businesses in the past 19 years. I believe I bring many talents to the table,

a tremendous tenacity which, when applied to something for which I am passionate, yields results.

My office is state-of-the-art including a network of PCs running Windows 7 and PowerMACs.

I own full Adobe Suite software for Photoshop, web design, video editing and more. I am a Final Cut Pro Editor for video, and have partners in Sound Engineering for audio work.

(Resume provided upon request)

PERSONAL SKILLS:

v Knowledgeable and proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint

vWorking knowledge of basic accounting principles, bookkeeping practices, invoicing, accounts receivable, including QuickBooks Pro

v Knowledgeable and proficient in desktop publishing/graphics software applications such as Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Corel Draw, Publisher

v Knowledgeable and proficient in Video Post-Production software such as Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere, transcoding, multimedia for web, etc. Can perform basic website creation/maintenance

v Have thorough knowledge regarding software and licensing programs including solutions for academic and small/medium business. This includes Microsoft, Symantec, Corel and more.

vProficient in installation and troubleshooting of software; Windows (all platforms) and Mac OS, computer backup/data backup procedures and best practices. Can troubleshoot hardware and software issues and work through simple networking/intranet issues

v Familiar with computer hardware terminology and basic computer hardware concepts, can troubleshoot basic hardware issues, perform reformats, data backup and restores, defragmentation of drives and more

v Have a working knowledge of Internet browsers and Internet research and usage, basic web design and publishing, search engine optimization, search engine submission, social media

v Considerable “People Skills” with management experience, as well as client interaction

vExcellent communication skills, written and verbal, including telephone skills

vHighly organized and detail oriented vAble to work independently or in team settings

I am looking forward to hearing from you!

Marie

Hi Marie,

It's nice to meet you. I am new member as well and thanks for sharing so much information about yourself. I am a single parent who recently started my own home based business. Welcome and hope we can share and learn from each other.

Tonia

• Like 1

Guest Clydene

Welcome Marie! Sounds like you have the skills and tenacity needed for a great business! Best wishes as you move forward!

• Like 1