Hi Nancy,

I emailed you about a year ago asking about becomming a VA. Thank you for helping me make my choice....Maybe one day we could get together since we live in the same area (Hamilton/Stoney Creek) and have coffee tongue.gif

Hey Michelle Lynn,

Don't be silly tongue.gif , I understood you. Good luck today. Thanks for the info on how you do your postcards....I think I will do the same thumbup.gif

Good luck Heather.

Quite a few of us are starting out right now, I'm actually in the middle of sending my postcards right now, I did get mine made up by Vista Print (they did a great job) but I think the next time I will make up my own so I market them to different businesses.

Networking is also a great way to meet people, I put doing that off a lot longer than I should have but now am enjoying it.

It takes time but things wil start to work for you

On a separate note, Danielle I'd love to find out more about your experience with working with salon owners and assisting them with their HR needs as I am trying to attract clients with HR needs.

I have a couple salon owner clients myself (although I've never been a hairdresser). Generally, due to the innovative and creative nature of that industry, I find them to be very open to new concepts such as Virtual Assistance and they've been some of the best clients I've worked with. I also do a lot of typing such as composing correspondence, handling of HR issues and helping to create/define/refine things such as job descriptions, contracts, etc.

Would you mind if I e-mailed you directly??

Thanks

Hi Heather,

I noticed your phone number and figured you were in Stoney Creek! I am glad that your research helped you decide to become a VA. Feel free to give me a call and we can figure out when we can get together. How are you doing with your postcards? I am planning to start distributing mine tomorrow!

Nancy smile.gif

Hi Nancy,

Right now I am working on a brochure to put out and then I will send out the postcards soon after. smile.gif Fell free to call me too or email. It is great knowing that you are still in the VA biz. Well off to get my son (it takes 1 hr to walk to and from school)

Guest TerryGreen

Heather,

I agree with the others about networking. Once you've started networking, network some more and then some more. That is absolutely the best way to get clients online and off.

My advertising budget is just about "$0," but on purpose. There are so many ways that you can get the word out about your business without spending a lot of money.

1) start a local networking group

2) volunteer in the community - do something that showcases your abilities

3) join online networking groups and build relationships

4) always ask for referrals

5) get a webdecal for the rear window of your vehicle

most of all . . . network, network, network!!!!! Just remember that if you want virtual business, you have to network online.

In answer to some of the other questions by others, yes you can print business cards and post cards and brochures with an inkjet printer and have them look professional IF you use the right paper. Use Avery clean edge business card paper (a nice textured one), use HP glossy brochure paper, and use the glossy post card stock.

Best of luck to you, and congratulations for taking the leap applause.gif .

Terry