Tina P

Hello to My New Friends!

Hi,

My name is Tina and I'm (as stated above) new to the forum. I don't have a business yet, but am in the process of starting one. I've been searching the web for information and resources and found this site. I think it will be very helpful on my new venture.

I plan to start out small by staying with my present job and doing VA at night and/or during the weekends. It will be a few months yet before I start because I need to get all the basics set up (business plan, business name, registration with state & city, etc.). Any suggestions are welcome.

I'm single and have no kids (unless you count my two cats). I live in the wonderful Puget Sound (Washington) area. My dinner is beeping, so I'm signing off.

Tina

Hi Tina,

I'm also new to the forum. I posted directly below you. My name is Pamela and I'm in Baltimore, MD. I have 2 cats as well, my 4-legged toddlers, as they're affectionately called. :) One of my best friends & her family live on Mercer Island. Welcome and I'm sure we'll be chatting in the future.

Pamela

Hi Tina, welcome to VAnetworking! Glad you found us! :)

Have you downloaded the free Kickstart Package yet? http://vanetworking.com/kickstart.pdf

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)

Welcome Tina and Pamela, you are both going to enjoy this forum so much! When you are starting out, figuring out the services you want to provide, the type of clientele you wish to market to, and how you are going to build your business can be a bit overwhelming. Stick to a few basic things at first like narrowing the services you really want to provide, and I would highly recommend you get started on a business plan. Check out this website for a usable template to get you going. It takes time but you will find the business plan absolutely indispensable as time goes on.

Cathy

• Like 1

Thanks Cathy. You're right, I've already gathered so much good information!

Hello and welcome to VANetworking. A lot of successful VAs have started their businesses part time while working full time. I think the key is that you have to still do the work and not get complacent. Even doing this full time with a team, the income is affected if I slack off. Best of luck and again - welcome!

• Like 2