deniseaday1

Returning member with a new niche.

Hello from Pigeon Forge, TN, US!

We not only have a new home after our second cross-country move in two years, but I'm returning to VAnetworking.com in a different niche than when I left a couple of years ago.

Back then I was a generalist serving mainly consultants, speakers and authors. Still, doing everything for everybody, trying to stay on top of all the latest technology, and ultimately completely burned out.

So I took a VA business hiatus of a few months to a year. During this time I tried something completely different, went back to a traditional office for a bit (no thanks), and generally took stock of a lot of things. It took a previous client reaching out for fresh help to make me realize how really good I had had it and how lucky I had been. To have someone seek me out again after more than a year felt great. So I took the project to test the water...and it was fine :)

To make a long story short, I knew I would have to do some things differently this time around so as not to burn out again. (What's the definition of insanity? Yeah, you know it.) Over the next year I identified the type of work that I enjoyed the most (email marketing) and gradually narrowed my focus until I could officially make the niche switch.

It feels very, very good to be doing full-time VA work again, making my way in a new niche, and to be back among my wonderful virtual assistant colleagues.

I look forward to networking with you...v2 ;)

Best,

Denise

​--
​Email Marketing Virtual Assistant

DeniseAday.com

• Like 1

Welcome back Denise, glad to see you're able to shift gears and still follow your dream! I've been on hiatus with my business too, working back at a desk job to pay the bills but I'm thinking that i really need to rethink my target market and make some major changes so I can get back to working online. I miss working in my pjs!

• Like 1

Great to see you back Denise! Sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side and we have to go mow it for awhile before we realize how good we had it ;)

Looking forward to networking with you again here at the boards.

Tawnya

• Like 1

Great to see you back Denise! Sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side and we have to go mow it for awhile before we realize how good we had it ;)

Looking forward to networking with you again here at the boards.

Tawnya

You said it, Tawnya! Thank you for the welcome back :)

Hi Denise, welcome back. Although, I've only been around here a month myself. :lol: I appreciate you sharing your "search for your niche" journey. It's a helpful reminder about pacing yourself and finding what makes you smile. We're not looking for another job, are we?

I'm glad you've found that spot in your business that allows you to breathe and enjoy servicing your clients. Such an encouraging post as I continue narrowing the focus to find my niche.

Thanks Denise!

• Like 2

Hi Denise, welcome back. Although, I've only been around here a month myself. :lol: I appreciate you sharing your "search for your niche" journey. It's a helpful reminder about pacing yourself and finding what makes you smile. We're not looking for another job, are we?

I'm glad you've found that spot in your business that allows you to breathe and enjoy servicing your clients. Such an encouraging post as I continue narrowing the focus to find my niche.

Thanks Denise!

Thank you, Pamela! Room "to breathe and enjoy". Well said. :)

Edited by deniseaday