Sign in to follow this  
PauletteVA

Admin.php; Plugins.php says Page Not Found

I'm hoping one of you ladies who's an expert at WordPress can help me! I've posted this question in the WordPress help forums but maybe I can get a faster answer from one of you.

A couple of months ago I migrated my old domain to my new domain. A couple of weeks ago I set up a 301 redirect to redirect links from my old domain to my new one. I think somewhere along the way something got screwed up.

When I go into my WP dashboard and click on "Plugins" in the side menu bar, it takes me to a new page and says PAGE NOT FOUND. This is happening when I click on "Appearance," "Appearance/Themes," "Plugins," and "Plugins/Installed Plugins."

It appears that plugins.php is pointing to widgets.php; plugin-install.php appears correct but it gives me page not found error; themes.php appears to be pointing to widgets.php; admin.php isn't pointing anywhere.

How can I resolve the problem? I have moderate skills in Wordpress. Will I have to manually upload the latest WordPress in my cpanel or is there a simpler, easier route I can take?

wp-issue.png

plugins-php.png

I replaced the entire wp-admin and wp-includes folder via cpanel and still didn't work. I mean it did update Wordpess to the latest version of wordpress but that's it. In addition I realized that the update-core.php file is also not working so I had to update WordPress manually.

I called my host and they were completely useless because they are not WordPress experts. I posted the question in the wordpress support forum a week ago and still have not received a single response. I just posted a status update asking if any of my friends are wordpress experts. If I dont receive a response by tonight I think I will hire a professional web developer to figure out what the problem is since apparently no one can seem to figure it out.

Since I got no response from anyone on the wordpress forums and my host was completely useless, I hired a wordpess developer from Elance.com. He got the problem fixed in a couple of days and also set up my 301 redirects so now everything is working ok.

• Like 1

Glad you got it fixed Paulette. Did he report to you where the problem was and what was happening? I find when I get stuck with coding problems it's usually best (and quicker plus less stressful) just outsourcing it.

Hi Paulette

I'm not a lady lol but I am an expert with WordPress and a web developer (turned VA).

I'm not sure what exactly you are doing but I don't think you need to use redirects in this manner. Yes, i would use them for your frontend on your new blog such as redirecting the places your visitors may go as per the search engines, but it seems you are redirecting php files from the wordpress core, is that right?

Has your domain name changed? Have you migrated the old site or started a new one. I assume you have this covered by now so just checking in :)

• Like 1