Hello everyone!

My name is Deb Barnes and I am the owner and operations manager of VirtualWorksVA or Virtual Works Virtual Assistant. Virtual Works Virtual Assistant is a virtual assistant service that offers creative and cost-effective solutions to meet a client’s day-to-day support needs. We help our clients by providing administrative and technical support so they can concentrate on growing their businesses and meeting their objectives. One of my specialties is design. I simply love designing visual presentations that speak volumes. Being a virtual assistant gives me the flexibility and creativity to help contribute to the company’s total image.

My story might sound a bit familiar but I would like to share it with the group.

My career path and choices have always led me to provide support to others. For example, I have provided administrative and technical support to many top government officials in and around the Washington Metropolitan area. At the same time, I found myself providing support off of the job, to the church, small business owners in my neighborhood and individuals needing something administratively done. Therefore, I realized early on that I really enjoyed what I did and that I was pretty darn good at doing it.

It was important to me to see people meet their goals and objectives. It also gave me a sense of fulfillment. I actually liked being a part of a greater success story whether asked to perform upfront, as a middle man or behind the scenes.

After 20 years, I returned to the classroom and obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology and Visual Communication, I also went back to get a Master's Degree in Business Administration. True story: At 2:00 am while I was writing a term paper, I decided to it was time to start the business.

Scared and having no clue, I did so much research and viewed so many other VA sites. Hesitated, procrastinated and anything else that said "ARE YOU REALLY SURE!" I knew that it was what I wanted to do and that I would be able to craft a business and find my niche. So, here I am...

On the personal side:

I was born in raised in the Washington Metropolitan area. I take great pride being raised in this area because of the history and how the world views Washington, DC. It comes with great responsibility.

Life has not always been easy, after 17 years of marriage, my husband, who was 36 years old passed. Therefore, I am a widow of 12 years, Raising three children, I realized how precious each day of life was. I knew that I could not fear always but move forward and set an example for my kids and now three grandchildren that would last long after I was gone.

I have learned not just to exist but to LIVE. I love ZUMBA and taking long walks at least three to four miles per walk. I simply love watching nature, people and getting new ideas from the paths I take.

I found this forum on Google and I could use the support and tips that many of you are sharing. I know that I have a long way to go but I would like to be a good member that the VA industry can be proud to call one of their own.

Oh! Please just call me Deb!

• Like 1

Hello Deb and welcome to VAnetworking! :)

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)

Thank you for the welcome. I am a new VA and need lots of support. I have the skill but need to fine tune my approach. I am finding this support network very helpful. The resources are simply out of this world!

I will be asking lots of questions so please be patient with me.

Deb

Hi Deb and welcome! Was great to get to know you more through your post, thanks for sharing :)

Hopefully you will find us a friendly bunch here and share you knowledge and questions.

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

Hi Deb and welcome! Was great to get to know you more through your post, thanks for sharing :)

Hopefully you will find us a friendly bunch here and share you knowledge and questions.

Thank you Tawnya,

This forum is the best I have ventured into. I am willing to work hard for my clients and provide honest labor. I not only want to establish a reputable business but one that upholds the VA industry. I am learning. Doing the work is not a problem but creating a brand and organizing (ME) is something that I need help doing. I really want to review my pricing and marketing strategies and fine tune my image.

Thank you for the resources because they are very helpful.

• Like 1