ultimate assistants

Help writing a value statement

Hi everyone! I need help writing a value statement. I have narrowed down my core values but am having problems getting it all into a sentence. I have researched the web and read a bunch of articles but I am still hitting a brick wall. Do you all have value statements? If so, what are yours? (I promise I won't steal it) Any tips for me?

Thanks!!

Jeanette

Here's an except from my Virtual Assistant in a Box Program and hopefully this gets you started:

What Are Mission and Vision Statements?

Mission and vision statements, a typically taxing task many business owners wish to avoid, need not be painful or tedious.

A mission statement, which can be thought of as your business path – the road you will travel or the journey you will take to reach your key business target, is written as a cross between a slogan and an executive summary and can be quite fun to compose.

Your vision statement reflects the beautiful sunset at the end of that path or your key business target and should be equally enjoyable to write.

The very essence of leadership is that you have to have a vision … Theodore Hesburgh

Vision is the art of seeing the invisible … Jonathan Swift

The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision … Helen Keller

Your vision will become clear only when you look into your heart. Who looks outside, dreams. Who looks inside, awakens … Carl Jung

(Just in case you are a little apprehensive of this writing task, I have provided you some helpful quotes to consider)

How Should I Write My Vision Statement?

Your vision statement describes your ideal business destination: success, profits, pleasurable work, you at the helm of your business, recognition and distinction.

Example: As pioneers of the new age of Virtual Assistants, it is hoped that someday soon people will be asking “Who is your Virtual Assistant?” as opposed to “What is a Virtual Assistant?” We hope to accomplish this by educating others through seminars and speaking engagements and by providing exemplary administrative services to our clients.