Sign in to follow this  
virtualworksva

Too Many Specialities

:addohno:As a new VA I have realized that I simply cannot do everything that I actually can DO.

I can't tell everyone how I have struggled to narrow down my offerings. I love Graphic Design, Power Point but I'm interested in Social Media Marketing for small businesses as well. Then there is the Admin side, which seems to be my staple right now. From reading the posts and information in this Forum, I do have a much better understanding of what to promote as my specialty.

I am going to offer the regular Admin Work but focus on the Presentation and Design side a bit more and then also offer the Social Media Marketing.

Thank you all for the great posts and opportunity to vent, share and get some great ideas.

Might I ask how have some of decided what to offer your clients. Basically, because no one can do everything and do it all absolutely perfect or well, how did you pick and choose. I know a VA who does legal work she's great! But she says its not fun and she won't be focusing on it in her new business but have it as one of her options. She's choosing Admin and Calendar Management along with Social Media.

Thoughts anyone.

Deb

Deb the first thing to decide is what do "YOU" love doing the most? If your passion is more creative like graphic design then go with that. It took me a few years of doing all kinds of admin work (which was great discovery in finding out what I didn't like doing LOL) until I finally settled in niching my business in internet marketing.

Remember, you are the one doing the work so make sure you love doing it :)

• Like 1