AHJAB21

A few questions for my paper

Hi guys,

I'm currently a student at university and I'm writing a paper on the Virtual assistant market and in particular, how software is shaping this market.

I'm not going to do an external survey as I only have a few questions :)

• What software are you using for your business?
  • What software (both paid and free) do you think are the most popular among VAs?
  • How much do you spend on Software for your business monthly?
  • Do you think your spending on software is below or above average?
  • How much time do you spend scheduling and emaling per day?

I would really appreciate it if you could help me out here. Thank you

Amir J

What software are you using for your business?

• Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite 6, QuickBooks (I have versions 2008-2014), Dropbox, TeamViewer

What software (both paid and free) do you think are the most popular among VAs?

• Remote login software, MS Office Suite, industry specific is based on the industry served

How much do you spend on Software for your business monthly?

• I buy package upgrades as needed so it's not a 'monthly' cost to me. On average, about $300/year and I get as much on sale as possible (this includes website, etc.)

Do you think your spending on software is below or above average?

• Hard to say as different types of VAs need different types of software

How much time do you spend scheduling and emailing per day?

• By scheduling, I'm assuming you mean meeting w/clients (physically or on the phone). The majority of my client contacts are via email or Skype and I spend approx 15-30 minutes/day on email/Skype.

• If you mean WORKING on client projects (i.e. scheduled client work), I am part-time so only spend about 3.5 - 4 hours/day on client work and about 15 min/day and approx 4 hours on the weekend on business maintenance/marketing, etc.

• Like 1

What software are you using for your business?

• Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite 6, QuickBooks (I have versions 2008-2014), Dropbox, TeamViewer

What software (both paid and free) do you think are the most popular among VAs?

• Remote login software, MS Office Suite, industry specific is based on the industry served

How much do you spend on Software for your business monthly?

• I buy package upgrades as needed so it's not a 'monthly' cost to me. On average, about $300/year and I get as much on sale as possible (this includes website, etc.)

Do you think your spending on software is below or above average?

• Hard to say as different types of VAs need different types of software

How much time do you spend scheduling and emailing per day?

• By scheduling, I'm assuming you mean meeting w/clients (physically or on the phone). The majority of my client contacts are via email or Skype and I spend approx 15-30 minutes/day on email/Skype.
  • If you mean WORKING on client projects (i.e. scheduled client work), I am part-time so only spend about 3.5 - 4 hours/day on client work and about 15 min/day and approx 4 hours on the weekend on business maintenance/marketing, etc.

Thank you so much! By scheduling, I meant mainly organising mutual times to meet with a client or co-ordinating your timetable. Trying to prioritise meetings/clashes in your timetable.

Thank you so much! By scheduling, I meant mainly organising mutual times to meet with a client or co-ordinating your timetable. Trying to prioritise meetings/clashes in your timetable.

Again, part-time. :D My 'calendaring' is under 15 minutes/week. As a bookkeeper, my clients have specific services they need performed on a regular basis and rarely have a need to communicate special needs with me.

• What software are you using for your business? MS Office, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Quickbooks. These are my main ones.
  • What software (both paid and free) do you think are the most popular among VAs? I have a good video here which lists software many VAs use: http://vajot.com/vavs8

• How much do you spend on Software for your business monthly? I'm not sure would have to ask my accountant LOL
  • Do you think your spending on software is below or above average? Probably I'm above average.
  • How much time do you spend scheduling and emaling per day? 1 hour