I recently started working with a new clients and they use Adobe Business Catalyst as their website's platform. It is something new that I've never worked with and I am pretty excited to have a change of scenery from WordPress.

I noticed that there are no discussions at all on the forum about this platform so I wanted to start one.

Business Catalyst has a lot of features that I will be playing around with. It is very user friendly so far like WordPress. Has anyone else used it? What are your thoughts? Do you have any tricks or tips to share about it?

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)

I have several reservations. The biggest is that if you ever want to leave you can't take your site with you. The design and layout are part of their system and remain there. I also wondered how easy it would be export your customer and product info if you left.

I also don't like the monthly fee, number of user and email limits. I can get 99% of the features they want me to pay a monthly fee for at no cost with Wordpress.

I really have issues with any website builder and at the core that is what this is. If you grow and need the flexibility of a more sophisticated marketing system like Infusion you are screwed. You entire site design and all contact/product/email info is locked into this system. The website would have to be rebuilt from scratch and it is hard to say how easy (if at all) it would be to move your lists, contacts and products from Business Catalyst.

Jodie "Good friends, good books and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life. ~Mark Twain" Burdette

• Like 2