Who Uses Gmail?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think Gmail is the most reliable mailing service at the moment. Formerly, I used to use yahoo but for the last 3 years I am on gmail and feeling very comfortable with it.

I m totally agree with u Lesliescott06 "Gmail" is the best e-mailing site I have ever use.., I have four gmail account which I use for my business or personal purpose.

Everyone,

I have a question...when starting your VA business and you have your website up and running, what e-mail should you use for clients to get in touch w/you...I hear that using google.com, gmail.com...etc..doesn't look professional. Well, what other options are there for e-mails? I have to have a business e-mail and I don't know what to use?

Please help!

Everyone,

I have a question...when starting your VA business and you have your website up and running, what e-mail should you use for clients to get in touch w/you...I hear that using google.com, gmail.com...etc..doesn't look professional. Well, what other options are there for e-mails? I have to have a business e-mail and I don't know what to use?

Please help!

I use my website domain email so its @proactiveva.com, lots of people seem to use gmail now.

• Like 1

Danielle,

I completely agree with you, I personally like Gmail. It has more organizational features that others.

You answered one of my questions...I as assuming that once I get my website up and running, and since I am doing it through VA networking that those handling the setting up websites at VA will ask me for a domain name, correct? I will then also give you a domain e-mail address that ends in .com is that correct?

The only people I want to have that e-mail address .com is my business partners, so I don't want it posted on the website. Thus why I was asking about the endings of gmail.com, google.com..

I am struggling with the domain name...I have to shorten it as my business name is

Divine Intervention Virtual Assistant Services - If anyone here has a suggestion for me with a domain name and/or domain e-mail address...I truly welcome the feedback!

Thanks!

Karen D

I use Gmail also for all my email accounts. There is one issue that will arise if you use Gmail for sending of all your accounts. Gmail likes to use its own mail servers and the recipients of your email will get an email that list the sender as "bob@gmail.com on behalf of bob@your_real_domain.com"

It tends to tell others that you are using Gmail as your mail server. The way around this only takes a few minutes and will make you look professional instead of using Gmail as a business email address. Using a gmail.com address is for newbies and we are not newbies!

1. Go to Gmail Settings > Accounts and Import.
  2. Click “Edit Info” for the email account you’d like to fix.
  3. The first pop-up screen will be fine. Make sure "Treat as an alias" is unchecked Click “Next”.
  4. This is where you need to make the changes. Instead of having Gmail do the sending, you need to click the “Send through [yourdomain] SMTP servers”. Selecting that option will expand the dialog box to allow you to input the SMTP server info. This information is available through your web host or email account provider. If you've set up your smart phone to access the email account, you can probably find the info there.
  5. Save Changes
  • Like 3