Mrs Bell

Help choosing a business name

Hi I am thinking of starting my own VA company but recently thought that Corporate Concierge would also be great offering any service. I am stuck over choosing a business name. Do I go for something boring like Bell Concierge or I thought BellGirl (instead of Bell Boy) keeping with the concierge theme. My other name which I like but concerned what others may think is Rock Star Concierge?

• Like 1

Speaking as someone with the company name "The Virtual Office Goddess, LLC" I LIKE "Rock Star Concierge." It never hurts to stand out in a crowd and, as long as you can prove your name is accurate, why not? :)

• Like 2

I'd only be cautious using the word "concierge" in your domain name if you go with that. For one it is a word that is often misspelled making it harder to reach your website if a prospect is trying to find you by typing it into the search. Saying that you don't have to use it in the domain name itself. My business name is Mediamage Business Solutuions but my domain is just mediamage.com

• Like 2

Choosing a name for my business was one of the most important decisions that I have ever made. In the beginning I had a name in mind that are catchy and fun and I thought it would be perfect. However, as my business ideas began to take shape and I got a little bit of exposure, that name began to sound out of place and not appropriate for what I wanted to do.

I went online and found a name selector software, queried friends, and did a variety of things to help me select a name for my company. In the end, I decided upon Virtual Works Virtual Assistant. The name is the epitome of what we offer now and in the future. I believe that a name should last and leave an impression of some kind. For example, don't we all know and remember Kinkos or Nike. A name an a company logo can speak volumes.

My advise is take your time don't be in a rush, get feedback, mull it over. What's in your heart...make the name last and truly reflect what you do. Hope that helps.

• Like 3

Hello and welcome to the forum!! I also like Rock Star Concierge, but I do agree with Virtual Works VA about taking your time. I had various names/ideas, etc. that I thought I would use, but, I ended up going with may name, Kathy Fink Inc., because that's who/what I'm selling... me/my services, etc., without getting married to a particular company name that may not have acurately represented what I do or can do or will eventually do.

• Like 2

Frankly speaking, I can't give you real touching information in the naming part but Rock Star is some what that I personally don't feel would fit to your business.

• Like 1

I personally like creative names, they capture your attention, and can be more memorable.

However, just like when you use your name for the company, if the name doesn't clearly define what it is that you do, the tag line becomes extremely important!

Sue

Tidy Tallies

• Like 1

Your name has to match your target market. Creative names are good, but they can also be a turnoff, so first you need to decide on the market. Keep in mind, that your target market may change or evolve more...meaning, you somehow get introduced to a client that you originally weren't targeting, but you also weren't aware of that particular target market at the time. With that said...use something that can stand the test of time and the changes of time or the change of the target market.

Karen D

• Like 1

Great tip, Tawnya. I like your domain mediamage. So simple to type in. I guess the same is true of mine Mark Of Approval Web & Marketing => markofapproval.com

But I'll let you all in on a secret. I snapped up this domain years before starting business lol. It became somewhat of an identity/handle online and i decided to work it into my bizname.

• Like 2

Interesting story Mark! I actually am not fond of my business name because it has got mixed up many times with people adding an "I" into it Media Image instead of Media Mage....but oh well, live n learn and make the best of it ;)

Hi, Mrs. Bell. I like the Bell Girl Concierge idea. It's a cute play on words. I'm interested in hearing your final choice. Keep us posted please!