Hi from sunny England! My name's Francesca, I'm 24, and I have made the decision to leave my current position and start out on my own as a virtual assistant! I am technically self employed and have been for three years, but I have mainly had one ongoing full time contract with a company, working remotely, so I already have the knowledge of how to pay my taxes properly, how to manage my workflow and my time (and finding the willpower not to do the washing up or the vacuuming until the end of the working day!). On top of that, I have provided graphic design and writing services as a freelancer. I have lots of admin and customer service experience from previous jobs, and I really enjoy working for myself. I have been very miserable in my current position for over a year and have finally decided to take the plunge and find my own clients, making my own way as it were! I've been lurking for about a week around this forum and there's some great advice and information, I just thought it was about time to say 'hi'!

I think the biggest hurdle for me is deciding exactly what services to provide.

Hello Francesca and welcome!

There are definitely a lot of information and very talented VA's on the forum. I look forward to getting to know you as well.

I would suggest you to not open your idea with all the related services rather start with a limited number. Like bookeeping. Slowly slowly with the increasing demand, then you can extend your service to more specific areas and that could give you a clear platform and visual idea of getting deeper into the market.

Hello everyone! Thanks for the warm welcome.

I would suggest you to not open your idea with all the related services rather start with a limited number. Like bookeeping. Slowly slowly with the increasing demand, then you can extend your service to more specific areas and that could give you a clear platform and visual idea of getting deeper into the market.

Thank you so much for this, I think I was struggling to decide what to offer. I ended up listing all of my experience and knowledge to decide exactly what I could offer. I then picked a few that go together well and that I would be happy to offer as a service. Over time, I'm sure it'll change - I just wanted you to to know that this was really valuable advice! :)

• Like 1