Sign in to follow this  

Determining if Training is Legitimate

Hello everyone! I am excited to now be a part of the VA Networking forum! I am currently going through the process of starting up my online VA business (still doing some training and market research). One target market that I have been interested in is nonprofit organizations. Whether I only focus on them or a broader market is still TBD. However, in researching training options to learn more about nonprofits and how I can help them I came across this website:

http://www.nonprofitvas.com/

Seems like a great idea, but the site also seems a little sketchy to me. So two questions came to mind:

1) Has anyone heard of this person or training program and can you verify whether it's legitimate? If so, is it worth the money?

2) While I'm researching training programs, does anyone have recommendations on how to determine what programs are legit vs. scams? The amount of resources is overwhelming, so how do I decipher between the good resources and the not so good?

Thanks everyone!

Hello and welcome to VAnetworking! :)

Sounds like a great niche and also rewarding! I've never heard of that organization and tried to do some research for you. I couldn't really find any information about it.

I looked up the lady on Google+ and she hasn't written anything publicly since 2012. It could be possible that she doesn't share her posts with the public, I added her to my circles to possibly find out more information for you. Seeing as she claims to be a 'top dog', then I would think she would have her Google+ profile public and also utilize it by filling it all out and so on, which isn't the case. Especially since she says on the sales page that her Google+ group membership is valued at over $997.

After reading the programs sales page, to me it looks like it doesn't really give you training. They try and say you get some certificate that you could just make and print out yourself. They aren't any sort of accredited company that people would recognize, such as http://VirtualAssistantinaBox.com

She has a full version and a lite version that is more inexpensive.

• Like 2

Thanks for the reply Danielle! I appreciate your investigation of the matter. I'll definitely look into Tawnya's training!

• Like 1