Hell Everyone! First I would like to say that I'm so excited about this association that I have found! I am a single mother of 3 AMAZING boys; my oldest son is 6yrs old and I have TWIN BOYS that are 3!! Honestly I'm sure I have hobbies but I don't really have much time to engage in them if they don't involve my kids :) My ultimate goal is to be my own boss so I can have more time to focus on my family.

My career background is a little broad but I have always gained administrative skills throughout my life, with being in school and working for various companies where I utilized a lot of my administrative skills. I have struggled for a long time trying to figure out what I really wanted to do and I'm still on that path, when I discovered this VA industry I thought to myself...this is something I can see myself doing...sooo here I am. Im confident that I have the skills and determination to embark on this journey and I so glad I found this network to help me along the way.

Any suggestions and words of encouragement are greatly appreciated! Thanks for having me!!

Welcome! My best suggestion is to make a list of what you CAN do on the 'puter, then delete what you don't like doing, then see if a combo of what's left would make a good business for you. :) Then, start reading this forum to get yourself started!

• Like 3

Hello and welcome to VAnetworking! :D

• Like 1

Providing exceptional online support services to businesses and entrepreneurs since 2010. Visit my website to learn more.

---

Brand New? Check out the Virtual Assistant Career Program.
Veteran VA? Check out the VAinsiders Club (Job Board, Group Coaching plus extensive training resources)

Welcome to our forum and I'm looking forward to getting to know you through your participation here :) You definitely have your hands full with the small kids but what a great career to choose. I loved being a VA as my kids grew up cause I got to be home with them all the time. Enjoy the boards!

• Like 1

vainsiders.jpg
Get your first month for $7 using coupon code: TRYFOR7

Hey!

Really good to "meet" you :) I'm a bit of a VA Virgin too so nice to be able to relate! Although I've spend the entire year doing a stack of reading and researching there's still to learn any many skills to pick up associated with running your own business! Here is a great place to start though, I totally share your enthusiasm for being thankful to find this place!

Good luck with your journey!

Ros. x

• Like 2

Thanks for the Welcome everyone!! I have been soaking up so much information my head is spinning..lol..but it has been very helpful and informative!! Im currently working on my website, very exciting!

• Like 1

You've come to the right place, Brandi. I began my VA business back in 2007 by "lurking" around here at first and then joining in and actually meeting a lot of the ladies in person. I love the advice given by Lily. It's your business and you should only be doing what you love to do. Don't be shy around here - ask lots of questions. I've found that the VA industry sticks together and is very willing to help.

Good Luck!

• Like 2

Hi. Welcome to the group.

Seems like you have many well rounded skills that will serve you decently. Is there anything in particular that you really enjoy above all else? ie transcribing?

You'll find this a really supportive group. You won't be a VA Virgin for long - though I'd hate to think what you may call yourself then lol.

• Like 1

Website Design and Digital Marketing Consultations

Feeling tired from trading all your time for money online? Try adding additional sources of leveraged income to your business. Find out how by clicking here.