amc212177

Virtual Assistants

Do you really have to pay to be a virtual agent or can you take business courses you have already taken to become one?

Thanks for anyone who may help me.

• Like 1

VA stands for Virtual Assistant not virtual agent. You can learn more about how to become one here at our website.

I didn't take any courses to become a VA 15 years ago when I started albeit I wish there had been some to take as it would have been 10 times easier to move my administrative skillsets from working corporately to working virtually.

We do have VA training courses here that will help you get up and running as a VA if that is what you are looking for.

If you have further questions about becoming a VA, just ask us or do a search here in the forum and I'm sure you will find the answers.

A legit online company would never ask you to pay them. They are looking for people who can help them with their business and they pay their staff on time. You don't really need to take a business course to become a professional virtual assistant.

I think it depends on what services you want to offer. If you are strictly offering admin and you have the experience you do not have to do much training, but if you want to be more technical such as offering services for social media management, bookkeeping, website etc then you will have to. Best wishes.

That really depends on the job. I am contracted by a property management company as their agent for screening calls and appointment setting. No certification required. Some businesses say you may have to be certified and if they do yours "should be" sufficient. Unless you're put under a contract and then they say you have to have theirs. Now if you are doing something like bookkeeping or something that requires you to have a certificate, get it cause it will benefit you down the road with other clients. Plus you can add it to your resume as well.

Best Wishes.

Jason

• Like 2

Be VERY careful when pursuing a career as a VA. Beware of potential clients who expect you to advance fees or provide detailed personal information for a job. There are many reputable online courses where you can learn to become a VA, however there is no formal licensing process. Much of the VA industry relies on credibility and experience. Once you receive the necessary training on how to perform the common functions of a VA, you need to work hard to build your brand and network of clients. A happy client will gladly refer you to their business associates. Good luck!