Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a New Wordpress Theme

Hi guys

When I started my VA business a year ago now, I found what I thought would be a great Wordpress template. Lets just say it's a disaster (whenever the developers make any changes something breaks on my pages) and I need to move on and quickly.

I am fairly competant with Wordpress and HTML and am looking for something that is flexible/powerful but also easy to get started and not too expensive. Do you guys have any recommendations? Thankfully I am in the process of rebranding myself and updating my offerings so this isn't a total loss.

Many thanks

Joanne

• Like 1

I would recommend to go with Spacious theme. Recently I too started my blog site and I went for the same by looking out at the ratings and no of downloads. And more over this theme is responsive which is an added plus point to the same.

I really like Elegant Themes, they have a lot of themes to pick from, they stay up-to-date on the latest technologies and they are affordable. They have good support too and offer a one-time theme purchase or you can purchase a developer package. The developer package is great if you offer WordPress design to clients.

I highly recommend on getting a theme that is mobile friendly when deciding on a new one. Reason being the majority of users are now looking at websites on their cell phones, tablets, ipads, etc.

We have a bunch of Wordpress template providers we recommend here

Thanks guys,

I'm really liking the Elegant themes, especially their new Divi responsive theme.

• Like 1

Divi by Elegant Themes is a popular choice among Virtual Assistants. The only downside is that, once you use Divi, it is really hard to move away from it.

This is because it uses theme specific shortcodes to build each page.

Here's an article that explains more: http://chrislema.com/divi-theme-forever/

This shouldn't be a problem though because Divi will provide you with mostly all you'll need theme wise. If you can learn Divi, then why not otherwise use it ;)

We use DIVI for most of our websites. So far it does everything I've wanted although sometimes the layouts can be a bit more confusing than just doing straight HTML. Saying that if you don't know HTML then it is awesome as you can drag and drop just about anything onto your page and make it look professional.

And if I recall DIVI now has a plugin for their page builder if you ever want to change themes. I could be wrong. Tried to find a post on it and not sure if this one is about it but thinking so.

• Like 1