Hi, guys. I hope that you are all doing well. My VAC training is on the up and up. I finished creating my logo yesterday, and began designing my business cards today. Trust me, that is a sentence that I never thought I would write! Anyway, I just wanted to share two websites that may be helpful as you are designing your own logos. Both sites are free, and they don't have any restrictions on the content. That's right. You are free to use the artwork, with no red tape; even for commercial use. The first site is OpenClipArt, and the second is Hasslefreeclipart.com.

Now, even though they don't require credit for their work; I believe that one good turn deserves another. I plan on spreading the word about both sites, and you guys are first in line. If you use them, maybe you can spread the word too. In fact, I'd love to hear about your experience with using either site.

Keep me posted,

Meghan

P.S. I just want to give a quick shout out to Angela Wills for the awesome GIMP training. Check it out. If I can design something, then anyone can!

• Like 4

Angela's GIMP training is included with our VAinsider Club membership for those who don't know ;)

VA Training Series - Web Graphics VA Series This Web Graphics VA Series is presented by Angela Wills, a GIMP expert, as 4 one-hour do-it-yourself (DIY) educational video modules (plus BONUSES) that will put you at ease using this free open source photo manipulation software. Upon completion of this course, you’ll walk away with the confidence to design an endless amount of graphics for your own site. Or you can turn your new-found skills into yet another value-added service you can greatly profit from.
or watch them all by becoming a VAinsider member :)

Thanks, Susan. I am not great with graphic design or anything of the sort. However, I was able to follow along with the GIMP training videos. They will really help you to feel your way around, and design what you like. Good luck!

• Like 2

Hello, Meghan - My name is Betty Danis and my Virtual business is Data & Document MD. I just posted on the "introduce yourself" forum and, in that post, I said that I'm looking for someone to design a logo for me. This is most definitely not my area of expertise! Would you have any interest in this? As I said in my other post, I can pay or trade services. I do thank you for the info on openclipart and hasslefreeclipart and plan to take a look at those sites to see if I can find a general idea of what I want. But I really want to look like the professional that I am and believe I need an expert to help me do that.

If you're interested please reply to this post!

Betty